Collings Foundation A-26C My Mary Lou.zip

Thread: Collings Foundation A-26C My Mary Lou.zip

Collings Foundation A-26C My Mary Lou.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Korean era

Description: A texture set created for the FSX Native A-26B/C Invader which can be found HERE

This texture set represents the A-26C "My Mary Lou" owned by the Collings Foundation as it looked before it crashed in 1993 at an airshow. It is currently undergoing restoration. The plane was one of the few actually painted in colors and marking similar to as it flew during the Korean War. The plane built as an A-26C, was originally delivered to the USAAF in May 1945. It was later converted to hard nose version before shipment to Korea where it fought with the 95th Bomber Squadron, 17th Bombardment Group out of Pusan East during the Korean War. It later raced at Reno as "Cotton Ginny", then restored to its original A-26C and returned to airshow status, where one of it's original from Pusan mechanics recognized the serial number and offered up it's real history. Apparently his daughter was used as the model for the new nose when it was repainted.

I plan on creating a hard nose version at a later date.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Collings Foundation A-26C My Mary Lou.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

17th Bombardment Korean War Stories...

Another cool link - A bunch of stories from the 17th Bombardment Group while they were in Korea, including one involving My Mary Lou sort of....

http://www.bombgroup17.com/korean_stories

Members who have read this thread: 0