Scenery Priorities

Thread: Scenery Priorities

Scenery Priorities

You have probably seen this a lot but I'll ask it again. What is the best way to Prioritize Scenery in the Scenery Library, both Default and Add-On. I read a number of ways but they all seem different. The read me in some of explains how it should be then others explain it differently. Any enlightenment on this would be appreciated.

Steven, it depends on which theatre of war you are looking at. Do you have one install or several?

Scenery Priorities in CFS 2

I have several Installs all PTO and have both Mesh and Airfield Addons in each.

Have you looked at this?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...49&linkid=6050

The instructions here should give you a trouble free PTO.

Scenery Priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Have you looked at this?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...49&linkid=6050

The instructions here should give you a trouble free PTO.
    Yes, I have but where would other Mesh Files and Addon Airfield Files go in the Library ?
    I have already installed the LOD 7 and LOD 8 Mesh Files and Watermasks and put them where the Readme says to in the Library but what about other Scenery Files(Both Mesh and Airfield Addons)?

Additional location specific mesh scenery folders go above LOD 7 and LOD 8 in the CFS2 Scenery Library window (which conversely is below them in the Scenery.cfg text file). Airfield add-ons go above the additional mesh scenery folders in the CFS2 Scenery Library window (again conversely, below them in the Scenery.cfg file).

Clear as mud?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Kurt, I have my airfield folders below mesh addons in the CFS2 scenery library window. Each time I add a folder to the library I have a look in the scenery.cfg to make sure that the entry numbers match the priority numbers.

Whatever works for you is good, but IMHO that's backwards Michael. Normally, bases seem to work best on top of the mesh scenery in the Scenery Library window. What you are doing can work sometimes I guess, but I've experienced no-show display problems trying it that way.

Also confusing is that the priority number in the Scenery Library window does not translate to the [Area. 0xx number] in the scenery.cfg file text. In fact everything in the scenery.cfg file is the exact opposite of what you see in the Scenery Library window. What you see on top of the list in the Scenery Library window is at the bottom of the list in the scenery.cfg file, and vice versa. So the area that is at the bottom of the scenery.cfg list - let's say it's [Area.036] - will show up on top of the list and as priority 1 in the Scenery Library window. If you change an area number in the scenery.cfg list, it will move the scenery area to a different priority position in the Scenery Library hierarchy.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 0