combat flight simulator 3 fix.

Thread: combat flight simulator 3 fix.

combat flight simulator 3 fix.

There one thing I would like to ask though is there anyway you can easily fix combat flight simulator 3 if something does go wrong
    particularly when your building up a mission with all the aircraft etc., without having to reinstalling everything.

I know you can do it from a backup but sometime that doesn't always work.

Regards

Gary

You usually don't have to reinstall everything when something goes wrong. (I don't even remember when I installed from CD the last time) When moving CFS3 to a new computer, I just copy over the whole folder(s) to the new machine!

An important rule though: always install one addon at a time, fire up CFS3 and test the new addon (including the different loadouts for airplanes etc.) before moving to the nest one. Be sure to check if you have all the requirements, like weapons, sounds, effects etc.

If CFS3 crahes on startup, its often enough to delete the uisel.xml located in your appdata-folder (not the one in the CFS3 directory). Next time firing up, CFS3 will be creating a new one.

Hope this helps somehow...

I always start with disabling the UI in the game.xml file. That usually lets me back in the game so I can select another aircraft, mission , or weapon load to correct the error that led to the crash.

Just text edit ShowUIWorld="true" to ShowUIWorld="false", and you're back in business without a reinstall.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Combat flight simulator 3 crash

Thank you italflyer for your quick response to my query yes that would be sound advice. But I didn't know about the uisel.xml fiel. I have been flying with combat flight simulator for some years now, but didn't know about that just goes to show you learn all the time. It's what makes simouthouse a great place to come and I have been a member some years now, if you ever have a problem there is always someone at hand to help you out it's a great club. Pity we all can't meet up face to face

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    You usually don't have to reinstall everything when something goes wrong. (I don't even remember when I installed from CD the last time) When moving CFS3 to a new computer, I just copy over the whole folder(s) to the new machine!

An important rule though: always install one addon at a time, fire up CFS3 and test the new addon (including the different loadouts for airplanes etc.) before moving to the nest one. Be sure to check if you have all the requirements, like weapons, sounds, effects etc.

If CFS3 crahes on startup, its often enough to delete the uisel.xml located in your appdata-folder (not the one in the CFS3 directory). Next time firing up, CFS3 will be creating a new one.

Hope this helps somehow...

Members who have read this thread: 2