Virtavia A-3 Skywarrior in P3DV4?

Thread: Virtavia A-3 Skywarrior in P3DV4?

Virtavia A-3 Skywarrior in P3DV4?

I thought the Virtavia A-3 Skywarrior was compatible, but I get the "No Preview Available" screen. Not compatible? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Preview.jpg  

Can you check the 'model=' and 'sim=' lines in the aircraft.cfg? See if they're looking at what they should?

I've managed to port the Virtavia A-6 family.

Dave

Also, check and see if there is a "thumbnail.jpg" in the texture folder. I will get that screen if no thumbnail is available.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

No preview on that one (and some others) for reasons I don't know but it appears and flies perfectly in the P3D 64 bit sim.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    No preview on that one (and some others) for reasons I don't know but it appears and flies perfectly in the P3D 64 bit sim.
    Interesting. I have no preview. When I do select the A-3, it is completely invisible, except for formation lights. Nothing else....NC

You could try deleting the Shaders folder, and let P3Dv4 rebuild it when you start the sim, to see if that gets something to show.
    That's occasionally worked for me when I've ported over some FSX planes that were invisible on first loading.

However, if this is the Virtavia A-3B Skywarrior for FSX/FS2004, there is a note at the bottom of the product page at PC Aviator:

• Note : FSX version is a straight portover of the FS9 version, so NO self-shadowing, bump etc

Is there a more updated version available? If not, this may be why nothing is showing.

- RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    You could try deleting the Shaders folder, and let P3Dv4 rebuild it when you start the sim, to see if that gets something to show.
    That's occasionally worked for me when I've ported over some FSX planes that were invisible on first loading.

However, if this is the Virtavia A-3B Skywarrior for FSX/FS2004, there is a note at the bottom of the product page at PC Aviator:

• Note : FSX version is a straight portover of the FS9 version, so NO self-shadowing, bump etc

Is there a more updated version available? If not, this may be why nothing is showing.

- RobM
    Rats! I thought for sure it worked in P3D! Oh well, it was worth a shot. Thanks anyway! NC

There is an Alphasim FSX Native Douglas A3D Skywarrior on simviation.com, that should work in P3Dv4.
    https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...A-3B&x=19&y=10

But i've not tested it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    There is an Alphasim FSX Native Douglas A3D Skywarrior on simviation.com, that should work in P3Dv4.

Thanks for finding this and posting a link. Considering the age of the model, it looks pretty good! The flight dynamics need work (which I am clueless how to adjust), and the sound needs to be aliased to a different model, but I can do that easy enough! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-3-24_21-4-18-872.jpg   2019-3-24_21-1-22-304.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post

Nice looking Whale! Downloading now! Thanks for the link
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 1