Performance by Altitude

Thread: Performance by Altitude

Performance by Altitude

So far, I don't see performance parameters in the .air files by altitude.

Is this right? Or am I missing something.

Case in point: The P-47 didn't maneuver so well at low altitude, but at high altitude it performed very well and gave the Luftwaffe's best a rough time of it. Spitfires could be in big trouble with 109s at certain altitudes depending on the model.

I'd like for the .air file to reflect this, but I don't see where this is defined.

Anyone know where I can find performance specs by altitude in the .air file?

The only tool that covers the full spectrum of a model's historical performance is AirWrench. If you know all the dimensions and specs, this will allow you to package it for the best realism. Most MS civie air files are designed from scratch with this tool, but it can also be used for CFS2 and CFS3 air files as well.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airwrench

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

SOH-CM-2023
    Not researched the differences between the aircraft, but I would think its the difference in engine power that is the prime feature, and one therefore will have to adjust those parameters in the air file. The Merlin had different power out put depending on version of the supercharger for example.
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0