Fire Power Install

Thread: Fire Power Install

Fire Power Install

Can anyone help me please on installing firepower

I have my combat flight simulator 3 install on my d:\ but it won't install, it will only ask for the c: drive installation is there a work around for this.

Regards

Gary

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    You could make a dummy folder on your c drive ,install, then manually install the FirePower files to your CFS3 game on your d drive. That's one way. Don't know as mine is on the c drive. But it shouldn't be too hard to do. Let us know if that doesn't work but it should.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi, have you tried setting up a blank combat flight simulator 3 folder on your C drive, and letting the Firepower files install there? Then you can copy over whatever files you so desire to the install on your D drive.

IIRC, I now have all my Firepower files in a folder on my backup drive (including updates to v 1.8, and subsequent mos files, skins, etc) and I can pick and choose which aircraft I port over to a particular version of cfs3.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha! we just posted same thing !

Fire Power install

Thank you for the advice fellas I will give that a try.

Many thanks again.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Hahaha! we just posted same thing !
    Great minds think alike!

Firepower now installed on D Drive

Hi Fellas thanks for your help and advice on installing Firepower . I have it now working on my d:\ combat install.

There one thing I would like to ask though is there anyway you can easily fix combat flight simulator 3 if something does go wrong
    particularly when your building up a mission with all the aircraft etc., without having to reinstalling everything.

I know you can do it from a backup but sometime that doesn't always work.

Regards

Gary

SOH-CM-2020

Goodies Under the AppData Pathway

I see you have had good advice on another thread, about fixing crash issues without having to reinstall. Plenty of advice on that subject in the Knowledgebase Sticky, That Combat flight simulator 3 folder under the AppData pathway contains all sorts of goodies. The Viewui.xml has it's own downloadable guide located with the other MS SDKs here at SOH in the downloads section. Using the Guide, you can edit the size of the gauges, the colour of the text and other things that make up your view on the screen.

Under the Missions sub-folder the _mission.xml file contains the computer-generated mission for all the parameters from the last QC, campaign or scripted mission flight. The _mission.xml sometimes has clues about problem-solving if you are having crashes in a campaign mission, for example.

You can tweak the UI selections file by adding skill settings to make campaign missions more challenging with ace enemy AI pilots, and more accurate AA. The settings are explained in The Knowledgebase sticky http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...knowledge-base . Check out post #'s 4 and #45.

Members who have read this thread: 2