Rocky Mountain Morning in the A2A T-6 Texan - Video

Thread: Rocky Mountain Morning in the A2A T-6 Texan - Video

Rocky Mountain Morning in the A2A T-6 Texan - Video

A scenic flight through the Crows Nest Pass with the Texan in ORBX scenery:

Hope you enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    A scenic flight through the Crows Nest Pass with the Texan in ORBX scenery:

Hope you enjoy!
    I got a moment to watch this today, Nice one.

Thanks Grey Eagle!

Except for the landing it is one of my more relaxed flights. (I needed a relaxing flight after the Dambuster Challenge!)
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    Thanks Grey Eagle!

Except for the landing it is one of my more relaxed flights. (I needed a relaxing flight after the Dambuster Challenge!)
    Just as a suggestion, as the thought occurred, try a glider or ultralight flight; you'd be unrestrained from runways and
    could land just about anywhere (farm fields, parking lots etc).
    Perhaps a good location would be where the air currents (thermals) are sufficient to prolong soaring around some majestic
    mountainous region(s).

Just a thought.

Edit: Maybe a scenic helo flight would work.
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 23rd, 2019 at 06:03.

Thats a pretty great video, though I would have preferred the view be further back and not right on top of the panel dash. I did go refly that route myself as I own the same scenery. Very nice. Glad to be introduced to that area.

Thanks
    Nice musical choices

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Just as a suggestion, as the thought occurred, try a glider or ultralight flight; you'd be unrestrained from runways and
    could land just about anywhere (farm fields, parking lots etc).
    Perhaps a good location would be where the air currents (thermals) are sufficient to prolong soaring around some majestic
    mountainous region(s).

Just a thought.

Edit: Maybe a scenic helo flight would work.
    Ah the next 'Grey Eagle Challenge' has arrived!

Not a helicopter as I can not fly those monsters!

I've been reading up on Ultralights and Gliders - hmmm, I did the training missions for those back when I first got FSX but haven't tried again since....

Majestic Scenery, hmmm - more thinking to do....
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Thats a pretty great video, though I would have preferred the view be further back and not right on top of the panel dash. I did go refly that route myself as I own the same scenery. Very nice. Glad to be introduced to that area.
    I am pleased you found a new place to fly. I have been fond of the Crows Nest Pass area since I was a kid and the family first drove through there.

I hear what you are saying about view points. I waffle between 100% and 70% or 80%. This was 80% for most of the flight. I personally find the distortion of the scenery disturbing if I zoom out to far but it is all down to personal preferrence I guess.
    The Sky is the Limit

I agree, 80% is as low as I'll go, I usually stick around 90%.

As such, I've set up my FSX with GTX 1050 to stretch across 3 monitors, and I like it.
    I'm also considering getting a 3840x1080 monitor instead so there's no breaks, but with 3 monitors I don't mind the breaks. When I tried stretching across 2 monitors it was awful because of the break right in the center.

I saw you have the 1050ti. If you've got access to 3 monitors, you might want to try it. Make sure you've got the latest drivers and go into the 3D settings and choose span displays with surround I think it is. It makes FS think it's only using one monitor. It works even better if you've got TrackIR, which it looks like you do. If you do, though, you'll definitely want to keep the zoom no less than 80%.

P.S. because of that, I've become quite adept at adjusting eye point and creating camera definitions

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I agree, 80% is as low as I'll go, I usually stick around 90%.

As such, I've set up my FSX with GTX 1050 to stretch across 3 monitors, and I like it.
    I'm also considering getting a 3840x1080 monitor instead so there's no breaks, but with 3 monitors I don't mind the breaks. When I tried stretching across 2 monitors it was awful because of the break right in the center.

I saw you have the 1050ti. If you've got access to 3 monitors, you might want to try it. Make sure you've got the latest drivers and go into the 3D settings and choose span displays with surround I think it is. It makes FS think it's only using one monitor. It works even better if you've got TrackIR, which it looks like you do. If you do, though, you'll definitely want to keep the zoom no less than 80%.

P.S. because of that, I've become quite adept at adjusting eye point and creating camera definitions
    Yup, I got the 1050 and Track IR - but my rig is all colapsible and I use the family TV for a monitor. No chance of three screens for me! I've seen it with three screens and it is brilliant and as soon as I win the lottery (after my fly in a Spitfire experience!) I will set myself up a proper cockpit with multiple monitors and gauges!

PS: the music - I'm glad you liked it! YouTube's audio library isnt too bad if you really dig through!
    The Sky is the Limit

I'm more of a white suburban punk by nature, but I can totally appreciate some good 'real' country music in the right setting

Members who have read this thread: 0