Having a paint problem with Flight Replicas Bf-109F

Thread: Having a paint problem with Flight Replicas Bf-109F

SOH-CM-2024

Having a paint problem with Flight Replicas Bf-109F

Guys, for the life of me, I have Franz Stegler's Bf-109F skin done, but the white spinner, even though it shows in the preview window, it is black once the flight opens. Is this a model discrepancy or have something to do with the aircraft.cfg. Strange that it does not have the same effect on the other FR Bf-109Fs. It's driving me batty.

Cazzie

Icon5

Hi Cazzie,
    I've not looked but sounds like a model problem, specifically a tex mapping fault. The still spinner has the white tex mapped, but the slow/blurred spinner is either untextured (and the material is black) or those spinners have been mapped to a different tex area ie a black one. You could try a plain solid colour over all the texs and see if that changes the colour of the moving spinners, if it doesn't change then it is not mapped or if it does change the colour, you can work out where the colour is coming from...keep calm and carry on Sherlock!

I'll have a look.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Cazzie,

If memory serves, there is one texture called "Spinner.bump", and then there are smaller spinner textures for blurred and slow versions of the spinner on the texture "Stabilizers.bmp" . I hope that can help.

The FSDS models that the FS9 models were made from don't exist anymore, and so unfortunately I can't check the mapping other than the above.

Mike

Nothing wrong with Mike's memory. There are several textures which "texture" the spinner. Its the same for the Gustav models. You can create the large one on the Spinner texture and blur and copy it on the stabilizer textures. That is at least as I always did it.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks to all for replying. It was not a model file problem Shessi, Mike and Huub are correct, they are on another texture map. The separate spinner map only colors the spinner with the engine off, the two circles on the lower left of the Stabizers.bmp have the other two. One is for spinner blurred, the other spinner slow. Now I have a white spinning prop and all is fine. She a beauty, even for grand old FS9, which is going on 17 years old. Overall, I still think it is the best Flight Sim Microsoft did in their entire series. I shall box all up and have the textures in the Warbirds Library before the end of the day for those who still fly this venerable old sim. The model will work in the original FSX without SP2 and Acceleration, so a thumbnail is included for those who still use the original boxed FSX and wish to port it over. The Flight Replica download have any model and alpha textures for converting the FS9 model to FSX.

Many thanks fellows,
    Cazzie
    Last edited by Cazzie; March 22nd, 2019 at 09:52.

Nice repaint Cazz About FS9..... I recently bought a brand new spare copy (for a reasonable price)! After a long period in FSX I went back and realised how smooth it actually runs and how good it actually looks.
    Since than FS9 has become my main sim again.

Mike's Buchon will definitely make me fire up FSX again. But with many developers moving over to P3D the reasons to keep FSX become less.........

Cheers,
    Huub

Excellent paint Cazzie, good to see you around here... been a while, man. Hope to see more of your superb paints for us "9ers" too!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 0