Rex/Milviz weather radar

Thread: Rex/Milviz weather radar

Rex/Milviz weather radar

Anyone using the REX/Milviz weather radar in p3d v4.4? I downloaded the latest version from Rex that is supposed to be compatible with 4.4. I followed the directions uninstalling the old version and installing the new. Yet all my aircraft that were previously configured with the radar are causing a ctd. Not sure what do, I've tried a lot with no success.

Thnx,
    LouP

I bought the weather gauge from Rex for 4.4 also. It works for me in both MilViz and other aircraft. However, some aircraft (maybe just the MilViz ones) have a locked local copy of the dll in their panel folder. In that situation, I disabled the local copy (changed the .dll extrnsion to .off) so that the sim would pick up the Rex version installed in the P3D Gauges folder.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Thanks, that got it working in the Milviz Baron but it still is crashing the Milviz 310. Strange :-(

LouP

I installed it just yesterday and everything is working fine. Do you have the latest version? The one that I installed was "wxradar_20181220.msi".

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Thanks, that got it working in the Milviz Baron but it still is crashing the Milviz 310. Strange :-(

LouP
    The WX in the 310R is working for me. Sorry, that's all I've got. Head over to MV support me thinks.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    I installed it just yesterday and everything is working fine. Do you have the latest version? The one that I installed was "wxradar_20181220.msi".

Greetings
    Tim
    Ahha mine is 20161111.msi

LouP

PS. I had the old and new msi in the install folder.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I have the radar working as a popup in the 310 but can not get it back on the vc panel. Do any of you have this in the vc or just as a pop up?

LouP

Do you have the 310 Redux version (310R)? You need to select an appropriate GPS variant configuration in the MVAMS (<gps choice> + WX). This in turn, configures a panel.cfg that includes a WX in the VC panel.

I have the older one. The radar was in there before I upgraded to 4.4. Maybe they don't like that so I purchase the new version .

LouP

All set. I reinstalled the aircraft and it's working again.

LouP

Good news!

Members who have read this thread: 0