Winter scenery and trees with leaves, buildings with no snow

Thread: Winter scenery and trees with leaves, buildings with no snow

Winter scenery and trees with leaves, buildings with no snow

I've been discussing with Joost the ? of winter scenery and the fact that associated 'buildings', especially trees (full green leaves!), are still in summer mode! Has anyone any ideas on how to make associated files have winter components, and I suppose what I really mean, is how to implement that in the game so they appear in the correct season?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 trees

Are you sure these are not conifers?

Very good! Well I thought of that but then one would want snow on them! AFAIK it seems winter only changes the scenery files; it would be nice if somehow we could change the associated building,etc., files.

SOH-CM-2020

Winter trees

Well all the trees included in the stock scenerysheet dds usually have a winter texture. They have a sm (scenery model?) file.

Just looked at vonOben's 7 Seasons Scenery Readme. He says amongst other things

-"Updated ACC tree 3D models: Original files by johno_UK converted by Pat Pattle."
    -"Modified Mos files where needed to get the seasonal changes to work properly."

it looks like many of the non-stock trees have had modified 3d models already. For an install with only two different seasonal texture sets (ie. based on the stock system) then you would need to choose an appropriate scenery sheet from vonOben's set which included winter textures for more trees/buildings.

But maybe ETO has already gone through this process? A quick look at a scenerysheet.dds for ETO shows no snow in the winter textures for the ACC trees.

Take a look at von Oben's scenery sheets and see if any of them have winter snow on the ACC trees.

Thanks mate! Hope all is well with you. I'll have to wait for a couple of weeks to have a look at that as back in CA at my son's and a chance to do a little skiing this week end at least. AFAIK there aren't any leafless deciduous trees; correct?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    AFAIK there aren't any leafless deciduous trees; correct?
    Yes, its funny that, I would have thought an important feature for northern hemisphere scenery. The closest in the stock scenery are 'snag01' and 'snag02', but these look more like dead trees than deciduous trees in winter.

Members who have read this thread: 0