Avon Sabre textures for Section 8 F-86 Sabre

Thread: Avon Sabre textures for Section 8 F-86 Sabre

Avon Sabre textures for Section 8 F-86 Sabre

Hi All,
    A while back I noticed that Jafo over at the FSX forum had done some textures of The Avon Sabre, CA-27, for the Section 8 F-86. With his gracious permission, I converted a couple of his textures for the CFS2 version. If anyone wants them, I'll do the others and upload them. I have to finish the dp to reflect the Aden 30mm cannon and TR's Aussie Aim-9 rockets and pylons. Thanks again Jafo.
    Cheers,
    Bub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avon Sabre 352.jpg   Avon Sabre 974.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

They look great!

Are these for the CA-27 Avon Sabre made by Tom Sanford a while ago, and based on Fox-Four's F-86E?

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...n&categoryId=3

He already did all the needed change to the DP and AIR files, adding the 30mm Aden cannon, AIM-9 Sidewinfer and higher thrust engine parameters.

I second it! Thanks Bub!

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Lovely work. Thanks Bob! I haven't looked at the Section 8 Sabre in ages but this will give me a good reason to revisit it.

Hi All,
    These are far from done. These are 99.9% Jafo's textures. He did an amazing job on them. the only thing I've changed is I cut and pasted in a different gun port. They seem a little dark. So, I'll lighten them up a smidge. There are a couple more which I'll convert and load as a pack.
    Roxanne,
    These are for the Section 8 Sabre. If you search under, bearcat241, you'll find it. Morton also did some work on this aircraft. If you go to Simviation and search under my name, you'll find a bunch of textures for TR's Avon Sabre.
    The only thing I'm going to do is the textures and the dp file.
    Mike, I saw this and thought you might need some new Aussie bling.
    Thanks,
    Bub
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Mike, I saw this and thought you might need some new Aussie bling.
    Thanks,
    Bub
    Just what I need to fly out of Williamtown! More zing than bling

Re the darkness of the gun ports....there's several images of the Avon giving the impression they weren't painted 'aluminium' as was the rest of the A/C....

Here's the pic from which I worked them....

....but any ver is fair game.....needless to say the ones still flying are nothing like what they were originally...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image28.jpg  

Jafo, thank you for the gunports. That was very nice of you to send them along. I'll try them out and see which one looks best.
    Bob

Hi All,
    Sorry for the delay on these textures. I've been a little busy and distracted by another project. Riding season is almost here in North Jersey and I'm going to be ready so I can be on the road in a couple of weeks, weather permitting. Hoping to crack 90,000 miles this season. Only 6,000 to go. Below is a shot of the "old girl"
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1991 XLH Sportster.jpg  

Great anchor....what's the boat like? ...

/me goes back to messing with MotoGP and SBK ...

Perfect riding weather around the coast this past week, ideal for my replica 'Cafe Racer'.............

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Bob,
    Now THAT'S a shot in the arm. Safe and happy riding!

Members who have read this thread: 0