A1R Design Bureau - Yak-12A!

Thread: A1R Design Bureau - Yak-12A!

Icon14 A1R Design Bureau - Yak-12A!

Hi,

I've just seen that A1R has released a new aircraft: The Yak-12A.

At the moment it's only available at Simmarket.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Looks great! Not familiar with A1R, will have to check them out.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Nice find, Tim !

It's a fine little gem. Nicely modeled and textured, both inside and out. Good soundsuite too. Dunno bout the flightmodel...

@ RW pilots: if you put a RW high-wing single engine aircraft in a standard turn and then release the yoke/stick/pedals, will the aircraft keep the new attitude or come back to its original attitude before the turn ? And would that be true for ANY high-wing single engine aircraft ? ( and does that maybe go for biplanes too ?.. )

Thanks !

cheers,
    Jan
    Last edited by Javis; March 20th, 2019 at 09:14.

In general, it depends on how much of a bank you're talking about for the turn, but the specifics will vary depending on how the airplane in question is designed. The example I'm giving comes from having spent a bunch of time instructing in high wing Cessnas, but it's also true of low wing airplanes that are designed with dihedral.

At low bank angles (less than 20 degrees or so), the lateral stability of the airplane will probably try and level the wings, so some aileron input (with rudder to keep coordinated) will be needed to keep the bank where you want it.

As the bank gets steeper (from 20-45 degrees), the overbanking tendency (caused by the outside wing producing more lift than the inside one) generally balances out the lateral stability, so the bank angle will stay pretty much where you put it, assuming the turn is coordinated.

Once you get to (or exceed) about 45 degrees of bank, the overbanking tendency overpowers the lateral stability, so the airplane will tend to keep rolling into the turn, thus requiring opposite aileron throughout the turn to keep the bank from steepening.

All of the above assume that the turns are properly coordinated, since an airplane that's slipping or skidding through a turn will behave differently.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    It's worth looking at their other Yaks and the Blanik glider - all excellent.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    In general, it depends on how much of a bank you're talking about for the turn, but the specifics will vary depending on how the airplane in question is designed. The example I'm giving comes from having spent a bunch of time instructing in high wing Cessnas, but it's also true of low wing airplanes that are designed with dihedral. .........
    Now that's a fine lesson on coordinated turns in an aircraft as well as in a nutshell, azflyboy, just what i was looking for. Thank you very much !

( sure i learned all about that during my virtual PPL course but that's more than 30 years ago ( i suppose a refresher training is about due.. ;-)

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    It's worth looking at their other Yaks and the Blanik glider - all excellent.
    Could it be Milan Lisner who's involved with A1R ?.. He's from Tsjechië and used to develop beautiful freeware GA models including the Blanik glider for FS98 and up. Big fan. Wonder what happend to him..

I've got this and I too have been wondering about the flight model. Doesn't behave like anything I've flown in the real world. In fact if anything in the real world flew like this I wouldn't fly it twice! Lovely model though.

Members who have read this thread: 1