Strange Errors in QC

Thread: Strange Errors in QC

Strange Errors in QC

I'm getting some strange errors in Quick Combat.

Some background: I made an ETO(BoB) install with Rhumba's mesh. This is working fine. A copied it to another ETO install and this is getting the following errors in Quick Combat.

Seems like all is lost, but not. I click FlyNow one more time and QC works just fine. Weird, eh? Subsequent flights work without incident. This only happens on the first QC run after starting cfs2.

Calling up a map, I get this all the time.

Any idea what is causing these problems? Should I add the airplanes into the mdlnames file? How can I fix this?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails err03.jpg   err01.jpg   err02.jpg  

Normally sign of being over 100 planes or over 100 ships. Note that 100 is NOT a fixed number but an around 100 that things go south.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Normally sign of being over 100 planes or over 100 ships. Note that 100 is NOT a fixed number but an around 100 that things go south.
    Or too much DP files in the 'OBJECTS_DP' folder...

I also would look at the DP file.................

As far as the overload on planes and or ships, I would use this:

MK_CFS2
    CFS2 Aircraft and mission swap utility
    Allows you to separate your a/c into separate theaters, by M. Krogstad****

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Utilities2.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Hmm. Only 55 items in the aircraft folder. But thanks for having me check.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Or too much DP files in the 'OBJECTS_DP' folder...
    Okay - 2,021 items in the .dp folder. Is that too many?

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post
    Okay - 2,021 items in the .dp folder. Is that too many?
    Definitely!!!

Try to reduce this number to the 1600/1800 range.

> If you have multiple US weapons packs (Alphasim, DBolt, FDG, etc) try to use only one and delete the others (you may have to edit the aircraft's DP files). Since this is an ETO installation, you may delete every Japanese weapons as well, unless some aircraft use them.

> Since this is an ETO installation, delete every "tropical" trees from Lindsay Watt's tree package. There might not be any palm tree or eucalyptus in northwestern Europe.

> You might have installed a lot of library objects. If the two points above aren't sufficient, try to delete any obvious MTO/PTO objects you can find.
    *Tip*: if an object has been used as a GSL object or in a mission file, there will be a CDP file along the DP file in the 'OBJECTS_DP' folder (both DP and CDP will share the same name). If there is no CDP file, then this object might not be useful and you may delete its DP file.
    *Important note*: backup these files, in case you find out some are needed and you get an error message informing you they are missing.

Hmm. Only 55 items in the aircraft folder. But thanks for having me check.
    If some aircraft use more than one skin, be aware that any additionnal skin will count as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Definitely!!!

Try to reduce this number to the 1600/1800 range.

> If you have multiple US weapons packs (Alphasim, DBolt, FDG, etc) try to use only one and delete the others (you may have to edit the aircraft's DP files). Since this is an ETO installation, you may delete every Japanese weapons as well, unless some aircraft use them.

> Since this is an ETO installation, delete every "tropical" trees from Lindsay Watt's tree package. There might not be any palm tree or eucalyptus in northwestern Europe.

> ... backup these files, in case you find out some are needed and you get an error message informing you they are missing.
    You are a genius, Roxane! That fixed it. So much better. I kept all the files in a separate folder just in case I need them later.

Thanks most kindly!

The other thing you can do is eliminate all of the CFS1 objects in your install.
    Somewhere there is a guide for doing this, but I'm not remembering where right now.
    You can only remove about 10 at a time or CFS2 corrupts, so go slow. It is a tedious process, but well worth it.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

You are a genius, Roxane! That fixed it. So much better. I kept all the files in a separate folder just in case I need them later.

Thanks most kindly!
    You're much welcome, though I cannot take full credit for this since I learnt those tricks from having read them on this forum. There is an incredible amount of knowledge about CFS2 here, that's why I check this place so often, even if I cannot play CFS2 right now.

Members who have read this thread: 0