Cfs2 sdk

Thread: Cfs2 sdk

Cfs2 sdk

Hello all

Does somebody knows where I can find CFS2 SDK's, it miss to my docs to convert gauges from FS9 to CFS2.

thousands thanks

Martin Klein

Icon13

Hi Martin,
    Unfortunately there were no CFS2 SDK's produced. All the add-ons and conversions were and are done with other developed progs and software.

And no you can't convert .xml gauges to .gau gauges. Obviously Fs9 will display .gau gauges as well as .xml ones, but as you know CFS2 will only display .gau gauges, and cannot use gauge CAB files even if they contain .gau gauges.

If you are bringing an Fs9 ac to CFS2, you will have to re-populate the panel with .gau gauges, there are plenty to choose from.

Cheers

Shessi

FS Panel studio

I just figured out a neat function with FS Panel studio where you can swap a gauge for an existing one in the VC even though the xml cab gauges dont work they show and you can super impose a gau gauge right on top perfectly without having to try to line them up like I use too. It’s a real time saver

Icon22 Reply...

Klein,

Mission Builder is, in essence, a major SDK tool.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Martin,
    Unfortunately there were no CFS2 SDK's produced. All the add-ons and conversions were and are done with other developed progs and software.

And no you can't convert .xml gauges to .gau gauges. Obviously Fs9 will display .gau gauges as well as .xml ones, but as you know CFS2 will only display .gau gauges, and cannot use gauge CAB files even if they contain .gau gauges.

If you are bringing an Fs9 ac to CFS2, you will have to re-populate the panel with .gau gauges, there are plenty to choose from.

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks for the answer Shessi
    I do conversions by keeping the BMPs and re-wrigting the XML code to be compiled, with FS2k panels SDK, not so easy but possible, but it seems some helpids are missing to the fs2000 SDKs, and tooltips don' t work with CFS2, I would learn more on helpids used with CFS2.

Best regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Klein,

Mission Builder is, in essence, a major SDK tool.
    Thank you Rami

I don't know if mission builder talks about gauges, I'll have a look...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    I just figured out a neat function with FS Panel studio where you can swap a gauge for an existing one in the VC even though the xml cab gauges dont work they show and you can super impose a gau gauge right on top perfectly without having to try to line them up like I use too. It’s a real time saver
    What I try to do, with some results, is to keep panel.cfg as it and obtain a XX.gau to replace the XX.cab, keeping the same subgauges with originals BMPs and functions, but all the possibilities available with XML gauges don't seem to exist with the FS2k SDKs.

all the best
    Martin

I've been thinking about gauges lately.

Is it possible to make a gauge that is only an image (e.g., "gunsight"), and then insert it into the VC as a gauge via CFGEdit?

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post

Is it possible to make a gauge that is only an image (e.g., "gunsight"), and then insert it into the VC as a gauge via CFGEdit?
    May be, but it is better if it works...

@e.a.wicklund

It is.

this is padding....
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post

Theoretically possible I suppose, but I don't think it's ever been done. However, it is definitely possible to add a gun sight image - as an image not a gauge - to a [VCockpitxx] section in the panel.cfg. See this quick illustration (example only, not a finished panel)

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I would think you could use the Gauge 2 bitmap found in this collection
    to extract the bitmap and place it...??

This file contains all of the programs you will ever need to create
    modify or adjust your panels, follow each read me for installation
    CFGedit, gaubmp2, mkpink, scalemaker all in one bundle
    Click image to download****

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Theoretically possible I suppose, but I don't think it's ever been done. However, it is definitely possible to add a gun sight image - as an image not a gauge - to a [VCockpitxx] section in the panel.cfg. See this quick illustration (example only, not a finished panel)

Hey Kurt - Yes, just like that. CFGEdit only deals with gauges, yes? So if the image was outputted as a gauge, you could insert it. Or...if CFGEdit uses anything, that's better. Can it?

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    I would think you could use the Gauge 2 bitmap found in this collection
    to extract the bitmap and place it...??

This file contains all of the programs you will ever need to create
    modify or adjust your panels, follow each read me for installation
    CFGedit, gaubmp2, mkpink, scalemaker all in one bundle
    Click image to download****

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Design.htm
    I was looking over that (just downloaded it). It only extracts the bitmap, right? I can make a gunsight .bmp easily. What I need is a way to place it in the VC.

Hi All,

All VC models contain one or more polygons with special textures.

These special texture names start with a "$".

One can only place gauges on these polygons.

There placement in the VC is coded into the model.

Regards,

B24Guy

Cfg.edit just allows you to add and/or move gauges that are in the .gau format.

Bearcat is right about the $ polygons which are part of the VC model. IIUC, if you had a gauge that was coded as a gun sight (which includes the bitmap of the gunsight) then cfg.edit would be able to add it to the VC, provided the VC had a polygon in the location where you want to place the gun sight gauge.

However, the VCockpit section of the panel.cfg will allow you to add a window calling for a bmp image to load as I just did with the example I posted. I don't believe it is dependent on the VC polygons locations, as long as there is one. In this case, it is sized to cover the whole screen area. You need to adjust the location of the gun sight on the bitmap to get it to where you want it in the game display.

VC coding

bitmap image used

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Cfg.edit just allows you to add and/or move gauges that are in the .gau format.

Bearcat is right about the $ polygons which are part of the VC model. IIUC, if you had a gauge that was coded as a gun sight (which includes the bitmap of the gunsight) then cfg.edit would be able to add it to the VC, provided the VC had a polygon in the location where you want to place the gun sight gauge.

However, the VCockpit section of the panel.cfg will allow you to add a window calling for a bmp image to load as I just did with the example I posted. I don't believe it is dependent on the VC polygons locations, as long as there is one. In this case, it is sized to cover the whole screen area. You need to adjust the location of the gun sight on the bitmap to get it to where you want it in the game display.

VC coding

bitmap image used

Oh that is most awesome! I figured there must be some kind of workaround. So should the size of the bitmap always be 1024x768? I edited a gunsight for another plane and I had to save it with DXTBmp and use 444-1 format. Is this what you did for this .bmp?

Panel based .bmp don't need to be saved with DXTBmp. Pure black is made clear with .bmps loaded by the panel.cfg.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Kurt.... that's really a clever and easier way of adding a gunsight...... less time consuming than scasm editing one in place.

Cheers mav

Icon5

Hi Martin,
    Ha ha, well re-writing xml gauges to make them work is hardly 'converting', more like making your own! And are you saying that the Fs2K SDK will convert xml gauges to gau gauges???

Also the idea of using a gauges bmp for a gunsight is a good option, but it does rely on a panel poly being big enough or in the correct position.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Martin,
    Ha ha, well re-writing xml gauges to make them work is hardly 'converting', more like making your own! And are you saying that the Fs2K SDK will convert xml gauges to gau gauges???

Also the idea of using a gauges bmp for a gunsight is a good option, but it does rely on a panel poly being big enough or in the correct position.

Cheers

Shessi
    I just published an example with the Stuart Green Snipe panel (see new entry in cfs2 panels library), I re-use the panel.cfg, keep the BMPS and re-write the code to be compiled in a .gau library, not very easy but possible, actually with FS2K SDKs, but I've not all the elements needed to CFS2, that's why I asck if someone had heard about such SDKs for CFS2.
    Others converted panels will come, being parts of complete conversions, by KDriver and his clever crew.

hope you'll enjoy it
    Martin

As a follow up to cover the small details-

The gun sight bitmap probably should be the same size as the main 2D panel bitmap. Because you usually won't know where the VC poly is located a full sized bitmap will catch it somewhere anyway. That is, if in fact the image needs a polygon to match with - I am totally unclear on this part.

The bitmaps used for panels are a regular windows bitmap format BUT it must be 256 colors or less. Pure black RGB 0,0,0 will be translated as clear, so no alpha channel is required.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

As a follow up to cover the small details-

The gun sight bitmap probably should be the same size as the main 2D panel bitmap. Because you usually won't know where the VC poly is located a full sized bitmap will catch it somewhere anyway. That is, if in fact the image needs a polygon to match with - I am totally unclear on this part.

The bitmaps used for panels are a regular windows bitmap format BUT it must be 256 colors or less. Pure black RGB 0,0,0 will be translated as clear, so no alpha channel is required.

Members who have read this thread: 1