OH NO!! I can't find a heli I used to have!! HELP!!

Thread: OH NO!! I can't find a heli I used to have!! HELP!!

OH NO!! I can't find a heli I used to have!! HELP!!

Hi guys,
    So, I've revisited the old Bell 206 Jet Ranger that Owen Hewitt gave us so long ago, and is STILL a nice looking heli, and with the right mods to AIR and cfg., is a lot of fun to fly.. on high skids, low skids, floats.. with cameras slung under it.. a fun little heli.

BUT, after the big hard drive crash a few years back, I lost it, so had to go get it again. Only to find that Hovercontrol went bye bye late last year.. so.. no heli's to download!

But thankfully, all were still available at FS.com for download...well except for some strange reason, one of them!

The Bell 206 (OH-56 Kiowa) with no doors seems to be gone! One repaint in aussie markings has a link to the original file, (B206ND.ZIP) doesn't work.

So, if anyone out there has the no doors mdl file and could send it to me, that would be GREAT!! Then I would have all the models I once had back in the hangar!

Send me a pm if you can help.

Cheers
    Dave

Hey Bushi -- Seems that I had that OH-56/206 of Owen's at some point on a previous install. Let be check my back-ups and if I find it I'll send a PM. Also, "B206ND.zip" looks suspiciously like the file name for a Nemeth Designs Jet Ranger in my list of egg beaters. I'll check that too.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Hey Bushi -- Seems that I had that OH-56/206 of Owen's at some point on a previous install. Let be check my back-ups and if I find it I'll send a PM. Also, "B206ND.zip" looks suspiciously like the file name for a Nemeth Designs Jet Ranger in my list of egg beaters. I'll check that too.

BB686
    appreciated!

I went through both back-up drives and my archive drive.... I I didn't see the B206nd.zip or anything other than several skins for the default FS9 Bell Jet Ranger. I also went through the entire catalog over at SimV and also came up zippo. Might be easier if we had the exact file name, the one I'm thinking had the Bell 206 Civilian as well as the U.S. Army OH-56 Kiowa models. I'll keep poking around.

BB686

Have no idea if it's part of this mega pack at Simviation. 6th one down.

https://simviation.com/fs2004helicopters31.htm
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

It may not be the 206B Pack I'm thinking of, but it DOES use Owen Hewitt's re-worked Bell 206B. Alas, no Kiowa model tho.

BB686

It may not be the 206B Pack I'm thinking of, but it DOES use Owen Hewitt's re-worked Bell 206B. Alas, no Kiowa model tho.

BB686
    I have the original Owen Hewitt Bell 206 that he did with the high skids, and the float and low skid models from dodosim over at hovercontrol. but there was also a version that had no doors, hence the "ND" present in the zip file from FS.com.

It's that no doors model I am having no luck in finding again. The others are still available for download at fs.com, which was GREAT since Hovercontrol is no longer with us! :-(
    I was just hoping to get the entire set back in my hangar..
    cheers
    Dave

Yeah, that makes sense about the "ND", (No Doors... DOH!). I thought that was Nemeth Designs. I have exhausted my resources and files on my storage drives but now you have aroused my curiosity. I'm not a real helicopter fan but I will do what I can to help you find this one.

I did see this at SimV, for FSX: https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...tt&categoryId=
    2nd or 3rd from the top of the page. Multiple model and texture configs. Can't preview tho, but may have the Kiowa (No Doors) version.

Cheers -- BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0