CBI assistance.......

Thread: CBI assistance.......

Exclamation CBI assistance.......

...I am resetting my CBI theater and was reading through Xaviers "read me's" He calls for a bunch of CBI meshes from Simviation. My questions are; are they necessary? Doesn't Rhumbas meshes already cover the CBI area? Second: has anyone any knowledge if Xaviers bases have been reworked to fit Rhumbas meshes?
    I realize that the calls for the Sim meshes were because Rhumas DEM's were not yet available and it would only be a matter of Settings swap-outs, but am curious if it is necessary.

Question Reply...

Fibber,

I think you can get by with the LOD 5, 7, and 8 layers, but for the water masks, I'm not so sure.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Hi Fibber,

DEM 8 covers eastern China, Indochina and Burma, but not western China and India.

Xavier's bases are still in their original form.

Kevin

K and rami........

.....Thanks for the responses. I think I will try both of them and see how any missions turn out. What I really need is some of my old history books on the CBI theater to guide me where the bases were. (east, west, central China , Burma etc.) Stored somewhere in the house but where?
    Hate to have to start reading all the airbase.dat files and plot the bloody things for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ......He calls for a bunch of CBI meshes from Simviation.....

If you plan on flying over the "Hump" just for grins (or missions), be sure to get the mesh package for "india-nepal-bangledesh" to enhance the beauty of the Himalayas.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

BC....

........."be sure to get mesh package for "india-nepal-bangledesh". Is that the sea1strm or bibabh1, 2, 3 mesh? I found all that are in the read-me and have them stored.
    (2) I know that there is a Hump mission but can't remember the name or where it is. Can you give me a pointer to it?
    Last edited by Fibber; March 15th, 2019 at 05:30.

Yeah Fibber, i didn't think about it at the time, but we're actually not on the same sheet regarding this. Xavi is calling for something other than what i use and in quite possibly much smaller packaging.

For the Asian operating area you're looking into i use the CBI portion of the FS2004/FS2002/FS2000 70m Global Terrain Mesh for The Whole World found at SimV: https://simviation.com/1/fs2004terrainmesh

In order to target just the areas you want, you have to download the terrain map with the link on that page: Download the Terrain Map (1.5MB)

I personally use the following for the region:

EA45N24E078 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA46N24E085 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA47N24E090 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA48N24E094 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA59N28E071 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA60N28E078 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA61N28E082 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA62N28E086 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA63N28E090 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA64N28E093 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA65N28E096 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EB15N36E117 - KoreaMesh
    EB16N36E126 - KoreaMesh
    EB38N40E122 - KoreaMesh
    EB39N40E127 - KoreaMesh
    EB86N48E122 - KoreaMesh
    EB87N48E128 - S.Japan-KoreaMesh
    EA02N00E095 - indonesia mesh
    EA10N04E093 - indonesia mesh
    EA29N16E092 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA34N20E075 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA35N20E081 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA36N20E086 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA37N20E093 - india-nepal-bangledesh
    EA44N24E072 - india-nepal-bangledesh

This all may be a bit more involved than what Xavi is calling for in his readme, so i'll just leave this on your table as another option for enhancing your CBI region. I was initially drawn to the 70m Global Terrain Mesh package because it was a colossal work designed specifically for the MS "civies", giving me the impression of uber quality. I wasn't disappointed, especially wrt flying over the Himalayas and Everest in particular.
    Last edited by bearcat241; March 15th, 2019 at 16:50.

BC....

....we are along the same sheet, just missing a few as I already have most of the EA and then some. I actually have d/l most of what you have posted but need a few more. That is why I was wondering about the sea1strm.zip d/l and whether it duplicated some of these areas. Now I have a few others to grab from you list. Are these Korean meshes better than Choi's terrain for Korea?
    BTW: do you know of any predefined flights regarding this area?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ....Are these Korean meshes better than Choi's terrain for Korea?
    BTW: do you know of any predefined flights regarding this area?
    Sorry, can't answer the Choi question...haven't tried that mesh. I'm not aware of any predefined regional flights there to speak of in CFS2. There may be something like that in the civies.

BC.....

....I did find some "Hump" missions but unfortunately not in CFS2 format.

Members who have read this thread: 0