Nord 1101 Ramier by Restauravia available ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nord 1101 Ramier by Restauravia available !

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I've run into an odd scenario. . .I wanted to add a different floor for the airplane and so I made the changes necessary on the texture and checked it via MCX to be sure it looked ok. Everything looked as it should so I loaded it into the Sim (FSX). It doesn't show in the sim. . .it shows the original flooring even though it no longer exists. No matter what I try the original floor is all that displays. . .any ideas?
    Reboot FSX. If that won't work, reboot the PC. Not kidding. FSX has atrocious garbage collection when it comes to temporary memory (e.g. page file).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Reboot FSX. If that won't work, reboot the PC. Not kidding. FSX has atrocious garbage collection when it comes to temporary memory (e.g. page file).
    Thanks Bjoern, gave that a try once more. . .actually since the initial texture update the Sim and the PC have been shutdown and rebooted more than a few times without any change. Pretty puzzling because it does seem to be loading a texture from cache rather than the correct one in the "common texture" folder. Weird.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by narah View Post
    Could not find one so far. So decided to paint a bit. Not happy yet, but at least something.

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks Bjoern, gave that a try once more. . .actually since the initial texture update the Sim and the PC have been shutdown and rebooted more than a few times without any change. Pretty puzzling because it does seem to be loading a texture from cache rather than the correct one in the "common texture" folder. Weird.

make sure the names are all correct, one letter one point, that already happened to me
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    make sure the names are all correct, one letter one point, that already happened to me
    Yes, but if that were the case here, you would expect to see "black" in the VC, indicating that it can't find the texture it needs. That's not what's happening. . .it displays a fully textured VC, a VC texture that is no longer even present in the texture folder. Imagine that you did a full livery like the one you posted a screenshot for above. But when you load the airplane into the Sim you see an entirely different livery. . .one that isn't even available in your Aircraft folder. That's basically what's happening here. There is only one N1101_VC.dds. . .it's only found in the "texture folder" of this airplane. . .it's not in any of the livery folders. You paint it entirely a bright pink. . .but after loading into the Sim you see the original texture. I can't think of any other way to explain it except that this airplane is showing a texture that isn't available. . .it does not show the changes I made to it. . .period.

Current System Specs:

This will be my last post on this unless someone comes up with a solid explanation for the mystery. The first image is the texture in question with the change I made to the floor (along with other changes as well).

This image shows the MCX screen highlighting the texture and showing the changes made as they should display in the Sim

This is what I should see in the Sim

What actually displays is the original texture with none of the changes.

Current System Specs:

Have you checked all livery folders and the folders listed in the texture.cfgs for copies of said texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Have you checked all livery folders and the folders listed in the texture.cfgs for copies of said texture?
    I covered that in a previous post, but yes I checked everything. Currently I have one livery loaded and the result remains the same. . .that texture, with the changes I made is not what displays in the Sim. When I ran the setup I had it install to a folder on my desktop so I could see exactly where things were going. . . .(effects, gauges, Aircraft) everything went where it should.

Current System Specs:

MCX does not read texture.cfg files. The only way it sees files that are not in the texture directory that are called is if those directories are in the search path defined in MCX's options. For that reason, I don't necessarily trust what MCX shows until I've gone through and verified all the files and what it's looking at.

The isolate command in the Hierarchy editor has been really useful for me to see exactly what a texture file is coloring. I just wish there was a way to turn isolate off instead of having to reload the whole plane

I'm also not sure MCX is able to interpret $vc files completely correctly. I might be wrong on this. Is it possible there's a hard code in there somewhere on the VC textures?

Is it also possible that the affected surfaces are double assigned? Or that there's another surface in the model over the surface in question that's looking at a different texture file? Perhaps you can find the old color/texture in another file as well, and it's actually looking at that?

Thanks for the various insights into the possibilities, but in the end it isn't worth all this for a few texture changes. In all the years I've been doing VC updates and embellishments I've never run into anything like this. It's a very well done airplane, I enjoyed the few flights I had in it but I have plenty of other planes laying about to play with.

Please no other "idea's or possibilities" are necessary for this particular thread unless someone else has run into the same thing. I'm not going any further with it.

Current System Specs:

really something strange, the texture to exchange but it appears very dark, must be something in the model

Correct me, if you will.

Hi Ed. I've just tried re-colouring this area (bright pink) in my Nord, and results are attached below.

Screen 1 is exterior shot where this area displays as it should - the same colour and hue I used on the BMP.
    Screen 2 is an interior shot where the re-colour is visible but as a VERY subdued version of the pink I actually used.

Something definitely happening with the display of this texture file in the interior model.
    Don't know if this tells you anything or not, but definitely curious.

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nord 2.jpg   nord 1.jpg  

Falcon409/Ed,

Are you running Windows10? As I had similar problems in the past caused by a hidden folder called "virtual store".

Cheers,
    Huub

Thought this might be an easier task than F BLYU.... it is not

QUOTE=narah;1184954]Could not find one so far. So decided to paint a bit. Not happy yet, but at least something.[/QUOTE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13.jpg  

[QUOTE = narah; 1185176] Pensei que esta poderia ser uma tarefa mais fácil do que F BLYU .... não é

QUOTE = narah; 1184954] Não foi possível encontrar uma até agora. Então decidi pintar um pouco. Não feliz ainda, mas pelo menos alguma coisa. [/QUOTE]

It's wonderful, but does it tell you what scenario it would look like in both photos?
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by narah View Post
    Thought this might be an easier task than F BLYU.... it is not

QUOTE=narah;1184954]Could not find one so far. So decided to paint a bit. Not happy yet, but at least something.
    [/QUOTE]

These Luftwaffe paints are looking top notch!

Members who have read this thread: 2