Classics Hangar Fw190A-6

Thread: Classics Hangar Fw190A-6

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Classics Hangar Fw190A-6

Until recently I thought I had the entire stable of Fw190s available from Classics Hangar, including the D-9 plus the Ta-152s. Now it appears I may be mistaken. In reviewing the aircraft in the lineup in my hangar I've noted there is not an Fw190A-6 variant listed. There is an add-on texture for this model of the Fw available under the file name "hv_FW190A-6_Gerhard-Homuch_JG54.zip." I've revisited the CH website but I don't see the Fw190A-6 mentioned anywhere on the site. Also sent an email to the site asking which aircraft pack this variant is located in but haven't heard back. Is anyone here conversant enough with this site to tell me which pack or download the A-6 variant is located in? I've got every single variant shown on the site but this one is stumping me since it's not listed - unless I'm missing something somehow.

Ive got the disk version of the 190, and the model's included are A3,4,5,8 and 9, im guessing the download version is the same, Maybe the repainter just like'd the A6 scheme and alise'd it to one of the other existing models.

Thanks for your interest in my repaint! Below a "small" explanation.

The Classics Hangar released the FW-190 Anton originally as two separate sets. One contained the early versions and the second package contained the late versions. These sets were only available as download.

The early version set consists of 9 different model variations and 34 liveries. It covers the Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-1, A-2, A-3 and A-4 and a special high altitude modification, the Fw190A-4/U7.

The late version set contains the standard variants Fw 190 A-5 to A-9, some of these in different configurations, as well as renditions of the Fw 190 A-7/R2 and the heavily armoured Fw 190 A-8 “Sturmjäger” sub-variants, the latter commonly known as “Rammjäger”.

Soon after the release of these sets, a complication was released, which is available as download and as boxed version. The compilation package contains the FW190 A series 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9. Which is a logical choice in my opinion. The A-3 doesn't differ much from the earlier series. The A-4 is the final version from the early series. The A-5 is the first version of the late series and the A-6 and A-7 weren't very different.The A-8 is the first version of the final series and the A-9 is a beast to try to keep the FW190 A series at the same level as the Allied aircraft were, with the limited resources the Germans had at that stage of the war. I have all versions installed, but the versions in the compilation pack are more or less the only versions I fly.

The FW190 Dora was released as a separate package which also includes the the high altitude fighter Focke Wulf Ta 152 H. The models covered in the package are the Fw 190 D-9, D-11, D-13, Ta 152 H-0 and H-1. None of these models were included in the compilation set.

As I did the repaint you are referring to I can tell you I did this for the A-6 version from the late versions set. Because the aircraft flown by Homuth was an A-6. So the sad news is that it is done for a model you don't have. But as I already said above, the A-6 wasn't that different from the A-5 and Classic Hangar uses a very similar texture layout for all models. The textures will definitely fit the the A-5 mode. As Classic Hangar released all the models with the specific authentic cockpit for that type, you won't have the fully authentic cockpit.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone. And to you also, Huub, for the many textures of yours I've downloaded and installed.

I'll have to decide what I'm going to do with this, but that detailed explanation explains a lot and will probably be copied and included in the folders I already have as a run-down on the various models.

Glad to see you popping in here Michael!
    Your yahoo account seems to dislike m, domain so I'm having a hard time talking to you!
    Please contact me here at SOH via private message and we'll sort it out.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Glad to see you popping in here Michael!
    Your yahoo account seems to dislike m, domain so I'm having a hard time talking to you!
    Please contact me here at SOH via private message and we'll sort it out.
    Hey Mathias,

Good to see you are still around

Cheers,
    Huub

Hey Huub, still awaiting your regular season greetings at the beta board! :-)
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Hey Huub, still awaiting your regular season greetings at the beta board! :-)
    Yep I already realised I had forgotten those and perhaps even worse, I think I have forgotten your birthday last August as well..............
    It must be age

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1