cfs3 rebuild completing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cfs3 rebuild completing

Icon22 cfs3 rebuild completing

Hi all, been gone for years I know but been busy building games for Bungie and Ubi soft.
    So a pet project i have on the go for a heck of a long time has been updating cfs3 to modern specs, so I have most of the air craft rebuilt from scratch and am now starting in the land vehicles and land class. water class. It will be a completely new game when you guys get it.

But i have a problem, I lost my aircraft and vehicle sdks, I am returning to development of this game full time now after 4 years away from it and need to brush up on the sdks. but I some how lost them in the move to my new house....

Is there anyone here that could help me with a link for this?

You are welcome to pm me as you like or email me at
    thomasjwood@telus.net

Or just come to the cr1-software site. www.cr1-software.com and send me a message through the customer service option.

I sure appreciate any help i can get and I really hope you guys love what i have done, look at the ford tri motor i built and that is the level the air craft are at, I want to make the environment as modern as possible.

Thanks all and its great to see you all again!!

Thomas Wood / Crashwoody

www.cr1-software.com
    Your source for the highest quality flight simulation products!
    Let the good time fly!

Cr1-Software Ltd.
    www.cr1-software.com

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Very Interesting....................

Interesting, I’m curious to hear what you have planned for land and water classes.

If you haven’t already, take a look at Ankor’s shaders, which brings the look of CFS3 forward by at least a decade.

Oh Ok that is super good news, I was not looking forward to that ...lol
    I just would like to build crazy planes!!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Oh and btw. thanks for the links!!

Im retired now from the full out gaming bizz and now back full time on flight sim, Last big job I did was Bungies Destiny 2 Forsaken... I also worked on Assasins Creed Odyssey. I have a lot of catching up to do and hopefully we can get this old sim back up and major populated. I took some time off to spend with my wife who has hardly seen me in 5 years and I set up a small design studio in my house and am back in flight sim full time!

Thanks for the tips guys!!

Thomas Wood/Crashwoody
    www.cr1-software.com
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

You might also want to update yourself on what has been going on with CFS3 in the last 10 years; like all the ETO work, new aircraft, etc. There are some people here still spending major time on improving things!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Like Dan says above, I'm also curious to see what you have done or going to do, you obviously know your stuff and the Ford Tri Motor looks really nice. You say you have all aircraft scratch built, are these the stock CFS3 aircraft, do you have any screen shots we can see?
    It's a very interesting post!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Yes James too right, there's is a lot of new ideas being worked on at the moment, and a hell of a lot of man hours being put into it!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Mr. Wood. Great news ! Can't wait to see your team's work. Nice to have some new blood injected into this great sim. A lot of great stuff is now being done and there still is much life left to CFS3. My favorite combat flight sim.Welcome back and keep us posted on your progress. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    You say you have all aircraft scratch built, are these the stock CFS3 aircraft, do you have any screen shots we can see?
    exactly. a fews such shots would explain a lot about this whole CFS3 monster overhaul announcement

Would this be freeware?

basically I'm taking my 3dprepared v4.2 aircraft that are commercial addons at insane quality and porting them with all the goodies to cfs3 and then rebuilding the rest of the game up to 2019 standards. So no. It will be a new game, cfs 4 if you will. everything will be updated and rebuild. Its a few year out from now but it will be a whole new game in its looks ui movies missions and everything. Mega project.

I was going to build a new flight sim for combat but I got this one working with direct x 11 and updated some of the world class and then I dropped my new do355 into it and it all ran perfect so I can save 20 million in building a new game from scratch and just rebuild this one for a lot less out put in money from me.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

So basically Cr1 software has 111 employees. Some locally others are in other parts of the world. I have had the company working on contracts of big projects for huge multi billion dollar companies. So I have retired from that now and we have the financial fortitude to do a medium sized project. So we are going to see what we can do with cfs3. So far it looks good. I will show more to you when it is appropriate and close to release, not before.
    It will if anything give us a much needed tax write off as right now the company pays well over a million in taxes a year as it is. May as well put 70% of that money to a new development and see where it goes. It keep my people working until somethings comes up and keeps their families warm and fed.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Blog Entries
    That is what we need,a CFS4 ! Great news ! So excited to see this sim get a new lease on life. I can wait a few years for this and if it will be like the ETO expansion on steroids it will do great. Just don't forget a Eastern Front for all of us IL-2 players too ! Microsoft didn't give it a chance at greatness because of rushing to get it out,so take your time and get it right and all will be good. Thanks a million ! Regards,Scott

How did you manage to negotiate the rights to do this with Microsoft?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    How did you manage to negotiate the rights to do this with Microsoft?
    Was wondering the same thing........

If it requires you to have an original copy of CFS3 I don't see why it would be different from any of our existing expansions as far as licensing is concerned.

Did the guys from WOTR/WOFF have to get MS's blessing?

I don't think so. MS has always depended on 3rd party developers to keep interest in it's other flight sims. All good as long as nobody is giving the actual game away as I understand it.

You guys at CR1 got CFS3 working with dx11. wow very impressive..does that mean VR could possibly be used in the future with this sim?

The guys at OBD put a disclaimer on their store page I think,saying you must own Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3 for licensing purposes

Blog Entries
    With many people working on this it could far outstrip WOTR as far as development time. Sounds very promising . Would pay good money for a "updated" CFS3. Love this sim and sounds great that there is still interest in it. A good platform to start with. Regards,Scott

hey guys, I have a few pms on this but they went to another really old account that I don't have the passwords too. If you want to send me pms use this account.

Yes Im allowed to do anything I want with the sim, its pretty much a dead game to ms now so they are ok with it. I will be going pretty hard on it once I get through the Aeronca and Ford updates and they new site relaunches.

So in this will will be getting the usual planes like th ep51 spits and hurricanes but you will be getting other planes too and it will be a real cfs4

The water and land class should look real good to guys and I working on the clouds and smoke effects. Land vehicles Im going to make them a bit more detailed as well.

Its a huge job but a little at time and the mountain can be climbed.

I will be putting in the new do 335 into this game. So what ever I build for fsx and [prepared is what is going into here.

Thanks!!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

hey guys, I have a few pms on this but they went to another really old account that I don't have the passwords too. If you want to send me pms use this account.

Yes I'm allowed to do anything I want with the sim, its pretty much a dead game to ms now so they are ok with it. I will be going pretty hard on it once I get through the Aeronca and Ford updates and they new site relaunches.

So in this big upgrade we will be getting the usual planes like the p51 spits and hurricanes but you will be getting other planes too and it will be a real cfs4

The water and land class should look real good to guys and I working on the clouds and smoke effects. Land vehicles I'm going to make them a bit more detailed as well.

Its a huge job but a little at time and the mountain can be climbed.

I will be putting in the new do 335 into this game. So what ever I build for fsx and [prepared is what is going into here. SO the biggest issues is having the game run solid for the many versions of windows 10 coming up and adjusting to mc as we go along. Also the huge detailed air craft I am building. But the new intro video is working perfect, the art work is way cool and a new them sound track is being developed. I don't want cfs3 again, I want cfs4! SO it is very different from cfs3. Later on after release I want to do more land class additions for Russia and pacific but that will be later.

It is a commercial release so it will be a comparable price to any other game, but not as crazy as some of the games I have built, like its not a 100.00 buck game or any thing...lol It will be on my site and with Steam, and we have a publisher now to so they ill distribute it as they see fit as well. But I think its around a 50.00 game/ add on but you are getting all the prepared planes in it and each of those for fsx and prepared is around 50.00 so I think its a good deal. thing is we get a modern combat sim! That is where Im really at!

You do need to have the old game. I have new copies and slightly used copies. I have collected over 4000 copies of cfs3 and have them ready. I just have to get permission to sell them to you but I don't think that will be a problem, I'm looking into it now. I might be even able to combine the tow into one down load, but I will need to fly to MC head quarters for a meeting to do that, and I will.

Thanks!!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

So what Im thinking is that I will use a patcher. So those that support me will buy the addon and as it gets more developed the patcher will just down load the new content automatically when you start the game, you will get up date notes and fixes to bugs and stuff like that would come through that like a real mmo.

Just working through those details now.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Members who have read this thread: 1