Moving a Gauge in VC

Thread: Moving a Gauge in VC

Moving a Gauge in VC

There's a cockpit where I'd like to move the Turn and Slip Indicator. It seems like the position of the gauges are defined in the Cockpit.cfg. So can I just change the values and move the gauge?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TnS.jpg  

Maybe. Most modern VCs have the spot for the guage built into the model. Try it but don't be surprised if the gauge just disappears after you put the new coordinates into the panel.cfg file.

LouP

Yep, concur with that. Most of the CFS2 models are older though, so you have a good chance of it working on your Mustang.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

You maybe able to open the VC with cfg edit (a panel gauge editor) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...49&linkid=6212
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Allen,

Cfg.edit will open the VC gauge coordinates but it won't let you change the VC model itself.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

EAW, I see that you're working with the AW P-51D.

This should do it: gauge05=P51d!Turn_Indicator, 349,6,112,113

Be advised that you must take care to use the gaugeXX number currently listed in your cfg. Mine happens to be gauge05, but yours may be different.

If you were doing this in a gauge editor program like FS Panel Studio or CFGedit, you could simply do as below...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Honestly, you guys just rock.

I hoped Bearcat's solution would work, but unfortunately no. I hoped it would. Still, CFGedit got the job done. Not exactly right. Seems I copied the gauge. I can figure that out later.

For now, Turn and Slip is right where I can see it easily. This Mustang .air file likes to be treated like a lady. You can't just yank & bank without keeping the ball in the center. She'll punish you for such indiscretions. So with this new gauge position I just got a bunch of kills with ease.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TnS-Fix.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    EAW, I see that you're working with the AW P-51D.

This should do it: gauge05=P51d!Turn_Indicator, 349,6,112,113

Be advised that you must take care to use the gaugeXX number currently listed in your cfg. Mine happens to be gauge05, but yours may be different.

If you were doing this in a gauge editor program like FS Panel Studio or CFGedit, you could simply do as below...

This aircraft will be updated soon. I am planning to finish the AW Ki-84 first.

The best tool to move the gauges is CFGEDIT (based on Allen's suggestion).

Quote Originally Posted by e.a.wicklund View Post
    ...I hoped Bearcat's solution would work, but unfortunately no.
    Sorry, wrong model. I thought this was AC's model but its not, making my tip useless since VC paneling is very exclusive.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi Allen,

Cfg.edit will open the VC gauge coordinates but it won't let you change the VC model itself.
    True but depending on how the VC was laid out the whole front may be usable as it could be square or rectangle that is big as the whole panel or even larger.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0