Missing aircraft in Pat's BoB install

Thread: Missing aircraft in Pat's BoB install

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Missing aircraft in Pat's BoB install

Went to try out a campaign in Pat's BoB install and when selected it tells me i'm missing the Ju-87 b2 ai . Does anybody have this aircraft-(chatter), as mine is missing ? Have the normal Ju-87 b2 but not the separate ai -(chatter),aircraft. Thanks for any help. Regards,Scott

Question Question

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Went to try out a campaign in Pat's BoB install and when selected it tells me i'm missing the Ju-87 b2 ai . Does anybody have this aircraft-(chatter), as mine is missing ? Have the normal Ju-87 b2 but not the separate ai -(chatter),aircraft. Thanks for any help. Regards,Scott
    Are referring to the campaign made for alpha, or the campaign included for the update?

Blog Entries
    I guess for the alpha. I do have it updated with a long ago pre release version that uses ai aircraft for chatter. Don't know if this is where the problem is. Have all other aircraft as ai chatter versions but this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    I guess for the alpha. I do have it updated with a long ago pre release version that uses ai aircraft for chatter. Don't know if this is where the problem is. Have all other aircraft as ai chatter versions but this one.
    Unfortunately can't help you then, in the mk1 update there's a campaign included and it's missing the ai Ju-87 & 88, that's why I'm asking. It might still be worth asking anyone on the BoB team if they have the chatter version, but that's about the only piece of advice I can give.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

I quickly made up a set of ai radio chatter Ju88 and Ju87b files, and I had to edit the Defiant aircraft.cfg file as well. I have been able to start a campaign for both Allied and Axis with these files in place.

place the ai aircraft into the aircraft folder and place the aircraft,cfg file into the defiant folder, delete the bdp files in there as well. hopefully this will get you going.

regards Rob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Blog Entries
    Thank you Rob ,but i have already deleted my BoB install and reinstalled the alpha install. Can't find my old pre-release update file so i'm lost. Hopefully soon the official update will be available. Thanks again for your effort. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Dummy me,i forgot i have the original install saved on a external SSD. Will reinstall and try out your fix. Hope this solves the problem. Thanks a million. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Rob, is the cfg. file for the Defiant ai ? I installed it in the BoB Defiant Mk I folder and sim will not load correctly.

Blog Entries
    To Rob, Tried to install cfg. file into either Defiant and sim tells me there is a error in the aircraft. Seems like a no go with the cfg. file. Any help? Thanks,Scott

Blog Entries
    Maybe the Defiant cfg. is for a later update as mine has only one aircraft and the ai has only two. Just a thought...

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Scott,

It looks the defiant is an older version than what I have in my current BoB build folder, in your defiant folder if you do not see multiple aircraft? one for each of the different squadron code letters (at work now, working from memory I think theres about 6 aircraft in there) If your not seeing that then the cfg file will not work for you.

If you PM me your email, I'll work through it with you.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Members who have read this thread: 0