dp question

Thread: dp question

dp question

Hi All,
    I need to move the gun flashes on an aircraft I'm fooling around with and forget what settings in the file to adjust. Guess I'm just having a bit of a brain freeze.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Good grief, don't try to do it manually in the dp file.

Use the dp edit tool Dped, go to the GUNS box and adjust them in the bottom tab while watching the point movements on the blue print image so you can tell what you are doing.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Yipes. I used to do it manually. Didn't know dped could do that. Lesson learned.

I do both ways, but i'm quicker manually without Dped between me and a visual model in the sim. I see the necessary adjustments in the sim, calculate the increments in the visual model's actual gunfire, minimize the sim and modify in the text editor, then maximize the sim again and reload the model. Don't even have to delete the cdp files when done this way.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Have to admit that I alter the parameters manually at times but if I'm a bit pressed for time I use DPed. Bob, this is often my go to reference:
    http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/DP_Guns.htm

Bearcat

I do the same thing with DPED. Make the changes, overwrite the existing dp (drop down menu choice), go to CFS2 which I have running, open the plane in free flight and see the effects. Then exit free flight and minimize CFS2, make the changes in DPED and repeat. No need to delete the cdp or reboot CFS2.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions. I got it figured out and the gun flashes are where I want them to be.
    Thanks again,
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Members who have read this thread: 0