Leatherneck Simulations Tease Post

Thread: Leatherneck Simulations Tease Post

Leatherneck Simulations Tease Post

Leatherneck Simulations posted this on their Facebook page last night. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! A GUNFIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bout time!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, Storm! I love Cold War fighters.

Shaaaaweeeet!!!
    Thanks Storm!!

Patrick

Me too, need an A-6/7 and F-4 series already.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

We just need a SEA location to fly them!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Awesome!!! So many great aircraft being done now. I just "had to" purchase the F-14 today as the release was getting close. Now I just need more time to fly everything . I've been spending most of my time lately playing Battlefield 1, so that isn't helping.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Outfriggingstanding! Now, if I can just learn how to use DCS! I have had it for a long time, but was not really interested in it. Now that the Tomcat is coming out, I will be spending time with it. NC

NC, honestly once you start DCS you'll probably not go back. Lol. I've honestly not turned on P3D to fly it, in over a year.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I generally only fly P3Dv4 for the tubeliners now and only a little here & there. I fly DCS a lot more because it is simply a better experience and I generally fly it in a free flight mission for nav and aerobatics 80% and the combat missions 20% of the time. The only minor headache is having to set up each new aircraft binding the controls and keys to your desired setup functions. Once done, you're good to go. Creating your own flights is pretty easy as well. I keep all my control bindings and saved missions backed up in case of PC failure or any other issue that might necessitate the re installation of DCS. Overall, it's getting more populated by aircraft and scenery now. The only thing I wish they would update is the ground night lighting around cities, towns and industrial areas. That is the only thing I think is way underdone in DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I still fly all my sims, for varying reasons. I do mostly fly tubeliners in P3DV3/4 and now in XP11 but from time to time jump in something smaller or something military. I actually haven't been using many flight sims at all recently other than for testing and the odd airliner flight. As I said above I have recently become hooked on Battlefield 1. I really need to spend some regular time in DCS. The last time I flew in DCS was about a month ago when I hopped in the Mig-21 for the first time in about 2 years. It is an amazing sim, especially (but not exclusively) in VR.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Outfriggingstanding! Now, if I can just learn how to use DCS! I have had it for a long time, but was not really interested in it. Now that the Tomcat is coming out, I will be spending time with it. NC
    Great to hear NC,If you're in need of DCS Help,and don't get an answer here on SOH [As we are a smaller community here] in a timely fashion,May I suggest joining MudSpike Forums There are a lot of Navy Vets there who worked on Carrier's,Maintained Aircraft,And Fly or have flown them. They're very friendly and always willing to help,Give them a look..........
    https://forums.mudspike.com/c/flight-sims

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Great to hear NC,If you're in need of DCS Help,and don't get an answer here on SOH [As we are a smaller community here] in a timely fashion,May I suggest joining MudSpike Forums There are a lot of Navy Vets there who worked on Carrier's,Maintained Aircraft,And Fly or have flown them. They're very friendly and always willing to help,Give them a look..........
    https://forums.mudspike.com/c/flight-sims

Thanks, shipmate! NC

The DCS World forums themselves are actually pretty good too. I have always received good advice and timely answers there.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    The DCS World forums themselves are actually pretty good too. I have always received good advice and timely answers there.
    Great Point Scott,and Very True.

Patrick

Chief, I too stand ready to help you get DCS tuned in as well. I use pretty basic and quick flight plans (missions) which once you build them (which is quick and easy) I just select from one of them and go. Anyhow, as noted, will be glad to help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A little update on this project. I read from Leatherneck that they have separate team working on this but no further details. I'm hoping they may be further into the project than just at the bare bones beginning but we'll see in due time. BTW, their F4U-1 Corsair is coming along very nicely!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Yes, looking forward to that one even more!

Members who have read this thread: 0