HUDText size

Thread: HUDText size

HUDText size

I've had an inquiry about changing the HUDtext size for someone with vision issues. Now I know from before no such info on size is in the ViewUI file, unlike other HUS gauges which are changed though BGscale. The "HUDText" is a Gauge6 but unlike other gauges, I don't notice a dds reference. Ideas?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    hi James, have you tried to add a scale entry in the ViewUI like the scale entries for the gauges ? Find the text entry and add something like BGScale= etc and maybe it would work. There may be another thing to try like a font size?

Everything I've ever tried points me to the conclusion that it's hard coded.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

So maybe it would be best to change the text colour to whatever he can see best, as that can be done. Also placing it where there is the least % change in background colour.

While on the topic, I've forgotten how to change the size of the gauges in the HUD........

Well the gauge size is not so difficult. It is in the ViewUI file in your Appdata folder. Do a search for all the 'BGscale" entries and change the value from 1.0 to a lower or higher
    value (mine are small @ 0.70 and I think default is 1.0 ) You can do that for the tactical display as well. Backup both your original and changed one as if you need to delete the AppData folder you can reinsert whichever size one you want.

I see size values for HUD gauges,but not scale. Tactical display has scale values....

TacticalDisplay BGIMage="tactical_display.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="128 128" BGScale=".8"

Don't change sizes, omly BGScale.

I want to change the size of the HUD gauges, not TAC Display...

They all have the BGScale value. For example:

<HUDAlt BGImage="hud_guages.dds" BGPos="2 344" BGSize="166 166" BGscale=".70" NeedleImage="hud_guages.dds">

Members who have read this thread: 1