G3D.dll question

Thread: G3D.dll question

Icon5 G3D.dll question

Recently, I've been attempting to narrow down what might be causing random CTD with one of my aircraft.

I've been taking numerous flights and monitoring the FSUIPC log, and keep seeing the following, repeated message:

*** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***
    From what I've read elsewhere the message can be generated by either a terrain or aircraft texture conflicting with the G3D.dll in FSXA.

I do not get the error message with other aircraft, just this particular one which implies its not a terrain issue.

Is anyone familiar with this or have experience this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

In regards to that error, there is a lot of talk about having the latest version of FSUIPC installed. There were some older threads that were saying that having a couple of lines added in the FSX.cfg about Missing texture alerts and Missing library object alerts were needed.

Interesting reading: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/ind...ssing_textures
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Well, I've made some progress but am still looking for answers.

I updated my FSUIPC install and after 3 flights with the aircraft I've only encountered one CTD after exiting my flight. So far, so good.

I just tried those [scenery] entries and noted a couple missing texture files, but no data as to what might be causing the ***G3D bad pointer..." message I'm getting in the FSUIPC log with this specific aircraft.

I have been checking the FSUIPC log after all my flights now with different aircraft and I'm only getting the message with this specific aircraft. I'm pretty certain its not scenery generated.

Still baffled..
    -- WH

I'm baffled too! What aircraft are you having the difficulties with?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I'm baffled too! What aircraft are you having the difficulties with?
    Check your inbox.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Check your inbox.
    Done!

Just curious...what version of FSUIPC did you upgrade to? I'm running 4.97401

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Done!

Just curious...what version of FSUIPC did you upgrade to? I'm running 4.97401
    Same version, 4.974.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 1