First Look at the Milviz SR-71

Thread: First Look at the Milviz SR-71

First Look at the Milviz SR-71

For any of you SR-71 and super-high-performance fans out there.

This gives many details and lots of pictures:

https://fselite.net/originals/milviz...te-first-look/

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, except "when" - which is ASAP but we still have a ways to go.

Dutch

Dutch...

You probably can’t or won’t answer this, but I’ll try anyway....what is the best guess (I know you guys can’t that far ahead what challenges you’ll hit, so at best we’d get a non-binding GUESS) as to the release order of the projects you guys are currently working on? Here’s my guess (for what little it is worth!):

1. T-38C
    2. F-15
    3. SR-71
    4. 350i
    5. MU-2
    6. Avanti
    7. C-130
    8. F-105
    9. Lear 60XP
    10. ATR
    11. A-1H
    12. MiG-21

Kent

Kent,

Obviously it's really impossible to say, if I knew I'd tell you. But none of us really do because there are so many variables involved. Development is such an inexact science - sometimes things that you thought were really going to be tough turn out easier; but more often there are difficult spots in things that seemed in advance they'd be easy.

If the actual order turned out to be what you list it wouldn't be impossible, but if it's totally off I wouldn't be shocked either.

I have never known any project to be artificially delayed. All developers want their own thing out to the public right now so they can move on to the next thing. And as you know the standards in the flight sim business are always rising. Customers expect better and better models and textures and more complete and authentic systems. All that takes lots of time. At Milviz we developers never get pressure to release before we think it's ready -- except from impatient simmers

Nothing wrong with that. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new projects too, from Milviz and from others.

It's really a good time to be in this hobby!

Dutch

Dutch--

You answered as I thought you would...however, your straightforward explanation is appreciated. I understand that it would be tough (impossible?) to project 12 products into the future. I myself am most looking forward to the following:

1. Avanti
    2. MU-2
    3. Lear 60XP
    4. C-130
    5. A-1H
    6. F-105

Mind you...I'm guessing I'll buy nearly EVERY one of the airplanes on the list in my previous post-- these 6 are the ones I am hottest to get going with. I really like the balance Milviz has achieved between a "real airplane feel", complexity, and playability. You guys pretty much hit my "sweet spot" every time.

Looking forward to them all.

Kent

@ColoKent while this isn't a time either, the first two in your first list are indeed the closest to release. I had to pause the F-15C very close to completion to work on the T-38C when some circumstances occurred that made it a higher priority, but now both are very close to complete.
    -JB

The MiG-21Bis is my next project, and I can tell you the model (which is fantastic) both interior and exterior is almost complete at this point. I have a good start on the FDE, the only thing remaining is the systems coding. While that's not trivial it's nothing compared to the massive challenge of the unique SR-71.

I don't think the MiG-21 will be anywhere near the bottom of this list in reality, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Dutch--

You answered as I thought you would...however, your straightforward explanation is appreciated. I understand that it would be tough (impossible?) to project 12 products into the future. I myself am most looking forward to the following:

1. Avanti
    2. MU-2
    3. Lear 60XP
    4. C-130
    5. A-1H
    6. F-105

Mind you...I'm guessing I'll buy nearly EVERY one of the airplanes on the list in my previous post-- these 6 are the ones I am hottest to get going with. I really like the balance Milviz has achieved between a "real airplane feel", complexity, and playability. You guys pretty much hit my "sweet spot" every time.

Looking forward to them all.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    @ColoKent while this isn't a time either, the first two in your first list are indeed the closest to release.
    Yep, I figured the first two on my initial list are the closest-- since they-- and the SR-71-- have been touted the most lately. Also, I forgot to list the F-16C you guys have in work as well.

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 0