MaskRider 2019 Dutch East Indies Pack

Thread: MaskRider 2019 Dutch East Indies Pack

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

MaskRider 2019 Dutch East Indies Pack

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: MR Dutch East Indies 2019 is a total rework and expansion of the MR Dutch East Indies 090912 pack. Kevin Driver suggested that I go ahead and release it at SOH, which I really hadn't intended to do, but after thinking on it I decided sure, why not. I had always thought I should hold off releasing it at SOH until I had completed reworking all of the older API Macro DEI bases first, but never seemed to get around to it.

This pack is an official SOH release of a package that had been available at my website for some time, mr-dutch-east-indies-160509. Not much different between this version and 160509 version except for: the consolidation of ADF data in to one all inclusive ADF file (thank you, Kevin!); the removal of the last few API macros from around Middleburg Island and Sansapor and modifications to the readme.

The main differences between this version and the 090912 version are:
    • the addition of a nice new batch of Airfields on Halmahera Island;
    • the removal of all vestigial API Macros from the older version and their replacement with dynamic scenery objects added to the GSL;
    • the replacement of all ADF scenery information into a single ADF files (again, thank you Kevin Driver);
    • water class refinement and enhancement including the complete removal of all instances of Water Class value 1- that shimmering sky-blues color that by default underlies most of the stock land in CFS2. It behaves like land but looks like water. When Rhumba created his new masks a lot of this WC1 was exposed much of it along shoreines but also inland becoming exposed when river and lakes were created in newer add on scenery. So all of this WC 1 was replaced with real honest to goodness water;
    • Lots of rebuilding and re-texturing- all of the airfield blended ground polys have new textures;
    • Lastly, started a whole new file-placement regimen to wit Installation of MR scenery no longer requires placing any custom files into main CFS2/Scenery folder. As a result, one of the first thing that gets done when installing this scenery is the removal of all excludes and water masks bgls that were installed with MR Dutch East Indies 090912.

All the usual credits are included in the readme. A few special credits here: Thank you Kevin Driver for the beta testing, ADF work and suggestion to release. Also, thank you very much to Wolfi for his wonderful Oil Rig Barges that are included in the scenery pack and really round off the scenery at Boela on Ceram Island.

That's about all I can think of.

Please, enjoy!

Oh, yes, here is a link to a little screenshot collection I put together so everyone can get an idea of what these airfields look like.

Cheers!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit MaskRider 2019 Dutch East Indies Pack
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Absolutely superb! Thanks!!!!!!!!

hertzie.

Icon14 Reply...

MaskRider,

Awesome work! I will have to download and install when I return home!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Another masterpiece and so soon? Thank you sir!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank You MR and also for the map,s on site fabulase

Icon22

WRT The screenshot collection, I suggest starting the tour by clicking on any name on the map and then click on the pictures after that to get the best "tour".

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Hi MR
    Love the screenshot selection idea.
    The is superb work.
    Thank you and thanks to all involved.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Went directly to the screenshots: WOW! Thanks a lot - yet another masterpiece.
    Finn

Lovely screenshots! I like the way you linked them to the map.

What is next? PI?
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; March 4th, 2019 at 07:01.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks MR Looking forward to installing this!!

Well done!

Just got your update. Only recently updated to 090912 pack, but it was so straight forward I had a good time installing it so I'll be re-installing this newest DEI this week. Many thanks MR. I'll really been enjoying your Gilberts update!

Icon22 Texture check

Could some kind soul go to Monakwari and let me know if there are any indications of missing textures- big greenish patches?

It should look like this.

Thanks!
    MR

Last edited by MaskRider; March 12th, 2019 at 15:51.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Icon22 Possible Missing Texture alert! (I think)

Hi Guys,

Somehow or other I think I may have left out a very important texture from the mr-dutch-east-indies-2019 package.

Its the texture that gets called out to cover the inland water ways and lakes: 012h2wa1.bmp.

Its a custom version of same-named stock file found in the main CFS2/Texture folder.

The stock file is the texture for the deepest blue ocean water.

The custom version is a greenish blue muddy looking texture called out by custom waterclass bgls to texture inland waterways and lakes.

I think if you look in your MR Dutch East Indies 2019\texture folder you will find a file named 012h2wa.zip and no file named 012h2wa1.bmp

At some point I must have zipped up the bmp file to send to someone and inadvertently sent the unzipped version of the file instead of the zipped version. Either that or else when I was done I inadvertently deleted the bmp instead of the zip.

Anyhow, you might want to check in your MR Dutch East Indies 2019\texture folder and see if the zip file is there minus the bmp file of the same name. If so, unzip it and place it directly into the MR Dutch East Indies 2019\texture folder.

Cheers,
    MR

PS: The download has been updated.

The screenie below illustrates the difference:
    Last edited by MaskRider; March 12th, 2019 at 14:21.

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Looking fine to me

Monakwari.....

Icon22

Thanks for taking the time to post those screenies, Worthless.

I heard from a user who seems to be having issues and just wanted to make it wasn't an issue with the scenery pack.

BTW, I can see that your install suffers from the problem I discussed in the above post.

No fault of yours. Just a a touch of brain-flatulence on my part.

Unzip 012h2wa1.bmp from the attached zip-file and pop into the MR Dutch East Indies 2019\texture folder.

Cheers,
    MR
    Attached Files Attached Files

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Will do MR. Many thanks!

Found it!

The zip file was there all along. Inside the MR Dutch East Indies 2019\texture folder (unzipped). I completely missed it.

Got it. I haven't installed DEI 2019 yet, but I have the fix. Thanks Chris!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks Chris. One more area in the Pacific modernized.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icon22

BTW The "without" - "with" screanies posted above are Galela Airfield, Halmahera Island.

Here are a couple more Galela screenies looking ESE with Galela Bay on the left, Lake Galela closer in on the right, Mt Tarakani-Lamo between the two (under the port-side rocket pod) in the center and of course CK/DCC's P-38J "California Girl" zeroing in.

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Late to this party, but grinning like a cheshire cat!! Luvly work MR

Does this mean that..........

.....UT has to get his paint brushes out ,or do the previous color updates still apply?

Oh my. Where can I find time to get this installed!

Icon22 Reply...

MaskRider,

These really do look beautiful, nice job!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

MR: You always make some beautiful bases. You are an artist, sir. These are outstanding work! Are any of them near enough to Sabang, Sumatra and Surebaya, Java to be included in a few missions?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0