The Tyranny of Distance - Longest Recorded Duenna Flight

Thread: The Tyranny of Distance - Longest Recorded Duenna Flight

Threaded View

Icon22 The Tyranny of Distance - Longest Recorded Duenna Flight

Okay, I have had this mild obsession for some time about setting the longest recorded Duenna flight.

Back in 2008, Buzzbee from AVSIM recorded a 6955nm / 22:27 hr flight in a 747-400.

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...ugtEdnACDVqdws

I believe this is the longest standing flight (at least publically noted on the FS-Duenna site).

Three days ago I took off from Perth, Western Australia (YPPH) in a fully laden B-36H in an attempt to best Buzzbee's record. Several hours into the flight, our cat stepped on the power switch and the computer promptly went dark. Argh!

So yesterday I took off from YPPH again in the B-36H and this time was successful in setting the time/distance record (I think). I rolled from Perth at 3:16pm CST (local time here in TX) and landed safely the next day in Las Vegas (KLAS) at 6:57pm CST for a total of 27:41 hrs and 8374nm covered. I could have pushed it another 1200nm or so but wanted to go ahead and land before I lost power or some other mishap occured.

Convair's Big Stick climbing out of Perth.

Of Note: It took me about 1:20 / 220nm to reach cruising altitude of 32,000'.

My computer lost wifi several times during the flight which seemed to mess up the recorded Duenna timing in the summary section unfortunately (got the communication error). The distance is shown along with a funky map graphic of the route (which actually was Perth-Townsville-Hawaii-Las Vegas).

Who else is game for a long distance non-stop effort?

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flightlog_20190226005659.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moses03; February 26th, 2019 at 06:10.

Members who have read this thread: 0