Superb Yak-9 revamp over at Simviation

Thread: Superb Yak-9 revamp over at Simviation

Icon14 Superb Yak-9 revamp over at Simviation

A new Yak-9 over in the CFS2 section that will work beautifully in FS9/FS8. Very detailed textures and panel, Challenging flight model.

Be sure to read all of the read-me's, requires some assembly. https://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-0

It's at the top of the page at the moment.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Gosh durn SimV is even slower than FS.com if that is possible in this 21st century.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Visually fine, but on a quick try out it needs some serious work on the FDE for FS9. Won't take off easily and very jumpy in flight, something I've found not uncommon in CFS2 aircraft used in FS9. Unfortunately I dont have the know-how to fix this so it's the back burner for now. Shame.

A good find, but not entirely new!

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/BDPLanes.htm

It has been available there for at least some years. As I already had the superb textures I knew I had them from somewhere else.
    Make sure to download the Yak 9U as well , nice model .

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    Visually fine, but on a quick try out it needs some serious work on the FDE for FS9. Won't take off easily and very jumpy in flight, something I've found not uncommon in CFS2 aircraft used in FS9. Unfortunately I dont have the know-how to fix this so it's the back burner for now. Shame.
    The model requires a lot of hand work on the trim wheel, especially on take-off. Took me a while but I learned the trick to take off and land smoothly with the current FDE. I would imagine that the Yak-9 may be somewhat close to a Spitfire IX as far as flight characteristics but I'm not 100% on that. Not real sure how it flew but I would start there for a workable FDE.

Took a look at the site "BR Planes", the Yak-9, albeit a couple years on, appears to be the only model that was "upgraded" on their site.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 0