FSX Native AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FSX Native AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

FSX_NATIVE_AVRO_PWS-18

By Nigel Richards & Team

3 models, 6 texture liveries, custom panel, custom Wright (AVIA) J-5b soundset.

In 1934, the Polish government, looking for an intermediate military trainer, bought two Avro Tutor trainer aircraft together with a licence to produce the aircraft. Production was ordered in the PWS (Podlaska Wytwornia Samolotow - Podlasie Aircraft Factory). In 1935, Antoni Uszacki of the PWS modified the design, fitting it with a Wright Whirlwind engine, produced under licence in Poland. The new engine cowling was much longer than the previous Townend ring type, with a carburetor air intake below it. The wing construction was changed from metal to wooden, better fitted to PWS capabilities, and the rectangular wing tips were rounded. Also some other details were changed, such as a tailskid instead of a tailwheel.

Models/Textures/Sounds by Nigel Richards
    Custom Flight Models/files by James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges by Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine

Please note: The AVRO PWS-18 will be available for download from the Warbirds section once cleared by SOH staff.

Have Fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWS-18.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

You've, thankfully, turned into a biplane factory. Thank you.

Thank you so much!!

Priller

Awesome!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Beautiful work Nigel, thanks very much. Picked them both up as I often revert to FS9.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Oh my! Pilot/instructor version is just awesome. And the sound/power from the big engines is palpable. Well done, all!

Thanks so much. The PWS sounds are truly awesome. All of these Avro models go far beyond any expectations for Flight
    Ssim aircraft, freeware or payware. Thanks again.

Thanks for this beauty! Stunning detail, great sound and flies like a dream.

And I thought, it couldn't be done better, but I was wrong.
    The new .bump and .spec textures make the new models look even better. Simply stunning.
    I'm looking forward to the final FSX native models.

Thanks so much Nigel and Team !!
    Last edited by Postbaer61; February 25th, 2019 at 07:26.

Just want to say a very big thank you to you all creators. Afraid my english is not good enough to praise this work of art. Love it on P3Dv4! Start sequence sounds and effects, pilot animation, everything is top notch. Canīt get better anywhere else. And for free!!!!

Thank you so much Nigel, another wonderfull crafted plane She is superb I pull my hat, Sir Nigel ...

All the Best and once more thank you

Dirk

BIG Thank You!!!!

Is it work for P3Dv4?

btw.

the development of this came to PWS-26, near most popular trainer in Poland before 1939 (the first was RWD-8):
    Last edited by YoYo; February 25th, 2019 at 14:12.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

btw. "Polish Khaki" is a little darker (and more brown), here is example:

http://www.janusz-swiatlon.eu/pws-26...ws26_fot12.jpg

Tested in P3Dv4 - works!!! In 3D VC all gauges without problem, but no any 2D panel (its ok for me).

Thank You again!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice - thank you Nigel and team!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

WOW!!

Usually, I am hard to impress, especially with FSX aircraft. But this PWS-18 is amazing. I've never seen better in a freeware model. The textures, the colors, the sounds, the handling in flight are just out of this world. I've not seen many payware planes as good, and to see this level of excellence in a freeware download, is mind-boggling.
    I'd actually never heard of this plane before downloading it. The screen shots looked intriguing so I figured it'd be worth a look. It is far and away above what I expected. It handles as predictably, and docilely as you'd want a trainer to. I can't compare it to flying any real plane, since I just don't have that experience. That's WAY outside my tax bracket. However, if a real plane flew as well as this one, everyone would be up there in it. Granted, it's no magic carpet. Climbing is a slow, patient business. Aerobatics takes practice, and plenty of altitude. Somehow, I have the impression that is prototypical too.
    Nigel, please PLEASE keep releasing unusual planes like this. Your talent is immense, and the subject matter is a welcome change of pace.

Extraordinary modeling. Turn up the volume! Love that soundset.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post

Many thanks.
    T43
    Many Thanks to you, Sir! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    You've, thankfully, turned into a biplane factory. Thank you.
    Who me?

Yeah! Sort of double-fun deals...but there again I also have some amazing monoplane and maybe even triplane fun up my sleeve, yet

Thanks Sundog! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Thank you so much!!

Priller
    Thank YOU, Priller! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Awesome!!!
    Hey! Thanks TuFun! :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    Many thanks Nigel.

Cheers

Paul
    Very much appreciated, Paul. Thank YOU, Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Beautiful work Nigel, thanks very much. Picked them both up as I often revert to FS9.
    Very gracious of you to say so, Naismith :-)
    Must admitt that I also thoroughly enjoy both sims too, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Oh my! Pilot/instructor version is just awesome. And the sound/power from the big engines is palpable. Well done, all!
    Pleased somebody likes that version, downwind. To show my appreciation for your enthusiastic comments, I'll include a VC 'Instructor' combo for the next release; AVRO 646 Sea Tutor which I am now in the process of completing.

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Thanks so much. The PWS sounds are truly awesome. All of these Avro models go far beyond any expectations for Flight
    Ssim aircraft, freeware or payware. Thanks again.
    Thank YOU, binarkansas - your remarks are very much appreciated, Sir :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Thanks for this beauty! Stunning detail, great sound and flies like a dream.
    Thank YOU, James - pleased she's more than a pretty face.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    And I thought, it couldn't be done better, but I was wrong.
    The new .bump and .spec textures make the new models look even better. Simply stunning.
    I'm looking forward to the final FSX native models.

Thanks so much Nigel and Team !!
    What more can I say than a massive thanks to you, Ulrich for making the earlier AVRO releases accessible to P3D users. Huge thanks to you for bridging that gap, Sir.

Yes, I agree that FSX native materials are making an awesome difference towards the high standards we seek to acheive.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Beaufighter

"Just want to say a very big thank you to you all creators. Afraid my english is not good enough to praise this work of art. Love it on P3Dv4! Start sequence sounds and effects, pilot animation, everything is top notch. Canīt get better anywhere else. And for free!!!!"

We speak the same language, Beaufighter :-)

Massive thanks to you, Sir!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Thank you so much Nigel, another wonderfull crafted plane She is superb I pull my hat, Sir Nigel ...

All the Best and once more thank you

Dirk
    All the BEST to you, Dirk!
    There is no finer a reward to any developer or team than seeing people find enjoyment from their product.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

btw. "Polish Khaki" is a little darker (and more brown), here is example:

http://www.janusz-swiatlon.eu/pws-26...ws26_fot12.jpg

Tested in P3Dv4 - works!!! In 3D VC all gauges without problem, but no any 2D panel (its ok for me).

Thank You again!
    Many Thanks to you too, YoYo - and very honoured to see she's finally 'flying' once again in Poland

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Nigel, I have to say that you have earned yourself a place among the "Masters" with your AVRO releases! All the superlatives I possess in my limited lexicon have already been claimed and EXCLAIMED by others. So, I'll just tip my hat in salute and says thanks for these Gems.

-S-

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 3