Fire Power Clarification

Thread: Fire Power Clarification

Fire Power Clarification

I used to have Fire Power years ago and seems I lost the disc....before I purchase the down load I need to know if I can install it into ETO or does Fire Power need to be it's own stand alone install. I know this has been tackled here before, but the threads seem to contradict each other!

I installed Firepower before ETO. If you do it the other way round you risk messing up the ETO effects.xml. If you have to do it the other way round I'd make a copy of effects.xml somewhere safe, and then swap it back afterwards.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Major,
    Do the heavy bombers and missions then appear in ETO?

Major,
    Do the heavy bombers and missions then appear in ETO?

I believe they do.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Exclamation My two cents + FP2ETO a. k. a. USAAF Heavy Bomber Converter

It should be noted that you aren't supposed to install ETO over anything but a basic install of CFS3, that's what the instructions for installing ETO will tell you. Of course you can do it, and if MajorMagee has had no issues it's probably fine, just know there maybe issues that result from it.

But speaking of Firepower and ETO there's a converter that was made for the FP B-17 & B-24 that makes them work in ETO. Also adds a bunch of extra liveries for the B-24 so that might be of interest to you. It doesn't seem to be available in the stickies as of right now so I'll post a link so that Magee or another moderator can add it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9s33f..._2eto.zip/file

Wish y'all the best, LAN.

Thanks LAN, very valuable tool. All I need now is a copy of Fire Power, can't seem to find a pay ware down load

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Here's a place : https://a2asimulations.com/product/f...t-simulator-3/ Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Six, they don't tell you if it's a download or if they send you the disc, right up to the checkout portion of the purchase........

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    Six, they don't tell you if it's a download or if they send you the disc, right up to the checkout portion of the purchase........
    The version from A2A's digital, obviously that's the quickest way to get it and it's also the cheapest I believe. But it was in a package called Aircraft Powerpack, it's out of print but still available second hand at places like Ebay, so if you want it physically that's a option.

Hope this explains it well enough, LAN.

i have all in one ......eto, pats battle of britain and fp ......with all patches olike heaven

(link removed by moderator)

this is like download for like 9.00 and i think it is firepower download thehn patch
    Last edited by hairyspin; February 26th, 2019 at 20:30.

Er, no. However old a game might be, SOH does not supply links to “free” versions. Neither Firepower nor CFS3 have been made freeware by their copyright owners, but if they ever do we’ll be glad to post links.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

LAN, will the utility also load up the FP missions? I recall one where you attack the German battleship Scharnhorst that I was quite fond of. Also, does anyone know if the digital download at A2A Sim is patched to 1.08 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    LAN, will the utility also load up the FP missions? I recall one where you attack the German battleship Scharnhorst that I was quite fond of.
    Unfortunately it doesn't, it patches the B-17F & G, as well as the B-24J, and adds several dozen liveries for the B-24J, no other aircraft or other elements of Firepower can use the converter.

Well I'll be damned! I found a portable hard drive I've had laying around and found a computer backup from 2012 on it. Lo and behold I have a CFS3 version with Firepower on it. Flying all the heavies etc off the portable drive!

Members who have read this thread: 1