FS2004 AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

Thread: FS2004 AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FS2004 AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

FS2004_AVRO_PWS-18

By Nigel Richards & Team

6 texture liveries, custom panel, custom Wright (AVIA) J-5b soundset.

In 1934, the Polish government, looking for an intermediate military trainer, bought two Avro Tutor trainer aircraft together with a licence to produce the aircraft. Production was ordered in the PWS (Podlaska Wytwornia Samolotow - Podlasie Aircraft Factory). In 1935, Antoni Uszacki of the PWS modified the design, fitting it with a Wright Whirlwind engine, produced under licence in Poland. The new engine cowling was much longer than the previous Townend ring type, with a carburetor air intake below it. The wing construction was changed from metal to wooden, better fitted to PWS capabilities, and the rectangular wing tips were rounded. Also some other details were changed, such as a tailskid instead of a tailwheel.

Models/Textures/Sounds by Nigel Richards
    Custom Flight Models/files by James Banks, Milton Shupe, Pete Collis, Keith Paine
    Gauges by Roman Stoviak, Nigel Richards, Keith Paine

The aircraft download will be available once cleared by SOH staff.

Have Fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWS-18.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Outstanding News, Nigel. Can't wait to light up that big engine and go for a romp around the airstrip.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Another super model, thank you Nigel

Cheers,
    Huub

I've said it before, but this series is just ... superb! Modelling, painting, sounds, variation, detail - just braethtakingly beautiful! And flies like a dream too!

Members +
    What can I say that has not been said before, but thank you!

Are there any more Avro's in the pipeline, or is this project now complete?

Regards,
    Robin

Blog Entries
    Many thanks, Gentlemen :-)

AVRO 626 Prefect and 646 Sea Tutor are now in the release workshop - plenty of loose ends and of course the native FSX versions also.
    We should be good to go in roughly 1 month.

Have Fun with the PWS-18 until then :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Many, many than ks Nigel. What an absolute delight this series is proving to be, especially your amazing sounds.
    Hope you don't mind, but as you can see, I can never resist a "hybrid" !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZZ-2019-feb-25-049.jpg   ZZ-2019-feb-25-048.jpg  

Thanks Nigel.... a very welcomed edition to my fs9 hangar.

Cheers mav

Superb in every respect.
    Great work from the NR team

T43

Outstanding!

Thank you once again!

FS2004 AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!... Great Thanks

Hi Nigel and your Team,

yes I want to join all those who exprimed their thanks to you.
    Oh yes this series a wonderfull, a real delight.
    I always wonder how you do to give to your models so fine sounds
    And all for FS2004, hach einfach super, danke viel vielmals

Yours
    Papi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    Many, many than ks Nigel. What an absolute delight this series is proving to be, especially your amazing sounds.
    Hope you don't mind, but as you can see, I can never resist a "hybrid" !!
    Very much appreciated, djs1 :-)
    Love the creative mix'n match combo - I'll have some of that!

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Thanks Nigel.... a very welcomed edition to my fs9 hangar.

Cheers mav
    Thank YOU, Mav - I'm sure she's in good hands

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Superb in every respect.
    Great work from the NR team

T43
    Thanks T43

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Outstanding!

Thank you once again!

Thanks for beta testing, Mick!
    Pint\s on me, my friend!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hi Nigel and your Team,

yes I want to join all those who exprimed their thanks to you.
    Oh yes this series a wonderfull, a real delight.
    I always wonder how you do to give to your models so fine sounds
    And all for FS2004, hach einfach super, danke viel vielmals

Yours
    Papi
    Papi: your beta testing is very much appreciated, as are your gracious comments.

Thank YOU, Sir!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    ...Thanks for beta testing, Mick!
    Pint\s on me, my friend!
    You're very welcome Amigo! I just wish I could've done more, both to be helpful and for the fun of it!

You may recall that right at the start of the Avro project, when I volunteered to do some testing, I mentioned that I was trying to minimize my confutor use because my rig was showing symptoms of senility, and that a techie friend was going to help me do a combination repair and upgrade project. I think I also mentioned how such things move slowly when the one with the knowledge and expertise insists on working mostly for pizza and beer, and therefore his efforts keep getting interrupted by jobs of actual paid work.

Well, here we are more than a year later and the Avro project is still in progress, but coming together. With remarkable synchronicity, so is my confutor project and they just might finish up at about the same time, like how they started. My friend was able to cure most of the scary symptoms fairly early on, but not all of them, so I am still trying to limit my use of the rig until everything is just so. But we have all the required parts on hand despite a long and extensive search for some of them that only reached fruition this past week.

It seems like the last of the Avros might be ready just as my confutor is ready for unrestricted use. I look forward to flying the Avros without restriction (like I wish I could have when I might have contributed more to their completion) at just about the time when I should be able to boot up my rebuilt and souped-up confutor without hearing any sinister mechanical noises, seeing any odd digital effects, and without feeling like I need to shut it down and let it go back to sleep as soon as practical.

I look forward to that! But I wish I could've done more intensive testing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    You're very welcome Amigo! I just wish I could've done more, both to be helpful and for the fun of it!

You may recall that right at the start of the Avro project, when I volunteered to do some testing, I mentioned that I was trying to minimize my confutor use because my rig was showing symptoms of senility, and that a techie friend was going to help me do a combination repair and upgrade project. I think I also mentioned how such things move slowly when the one with the knowledge and expertise insists on working mostly for pizza and beer, and therefore his efforts keep getting interrupted by jobs of actual paid work.

Well, here we are more than a year later and the Avro project is still in progress, but coming together. With remarkable synchronicity, so is my confutor project and they just might finish up at about the same time, like how they started. My friend was able to cure most of the scary symptoms fairly early on, but not all of them, so I am still trying to limit my use of the rig until everything is just so. But we have all the required parts on hand despite a long and extensive search for some of them that only reached fruition this past week.

It seems like the last of the Avros might be ready just as my confutor is ready for unrestricted use. I look forward to flying the Avros without restriction (like I wish I could have when I might have contributed more to their completion) at just about the time when I should be able to boot up my rebuilt and souped-up confutor without hearing any sinister mechanical noises, seeing any odd digital effects, and without feeling like I need to shut it down and let it go back to sleep as soon as practical.

I look forward to that! But I wish I could've done more intensive testing.
    Mick; I highly value your enthusiastic involvement during beta testing, and am thrilled to hear you're near to acheiving the 'confuter' setup you've been trying so hard to accomplish.

Wouldn't be without you, Sir - many more projects to come in the pipeline!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 0