Graphics anomaly on P-51D for FSX-SE

Thread: Graphics anomaly on P-51D for FSX-SE

Graphics anomaly on P-51D for FSX-SE

I have the Flight 1 / Aeroplane Heaven P-51D for Steam. One of the variants is the Maurice Hammond rebuild done in the "Janie" livery. In the Steam version the nose art graphic that spells "Janie" is rendered upside down on both sides of the nose panels. Is a fix available for this? I'm sure Maurice would appreciate his work being properly represented on the two beautiful P-51's he built, especially since the real plane was involved in a tragic crash landing in 2016.
    Last edited by downwind; February 23rd, 2019 at 10:08.

Have you tried opening the guilty texture in DXTBMP and flipping it?

When textures are converted to DXT5 dds from bmp they need to be flipped.
    I cant help you at the moment, I don't own the plane and I don't know where that texture set can be found.

That is above my current pay grade, but I would be willing to learn. Editing a config file is about as far as I have ever ventured.

It looks upside down and maybe backwards, too. You can see the perforated vent above the wingtip and the AAF stenciling and center of gravity cross in the wrong spot. Should be on the port side. Missing nose checks as well. You can use DXTBMP (freeware) to open the dds and flip it and/or mirror image it to see if it works. If you can edit an aircraft.cfg you can do this.
    62stratfan

Thanks. I will play with that app an see if I can get it figured out.

Flipping will only work if that is the only part on the sheet and square in the middle.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0