PTO and Rhumba's Watemasks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PTO and Rhumba's Watemasks

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    That is strange. I just checked mine and it does the same thing. I guess I haven't visited Isley Field in MB since my old XP computer bit the dust on me. When I built the field everything looked fine. Couldn't have done the layouts if they hadn't. Not quite sure what could be causing the problem. Some quirk in Window 8.1 maybe? What are you running on your rig?

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Windows 7, Intel i7, 2.40 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 64 bit, 15 inch laptop.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Library Staff
    Perhaps the stock Aslito field is still there and conflicting with the new scenery?

Is it better to play the game in full screen or window mode? i have a GTX 670 32 GB DDR 3 and 3.40 ghz I5 3570 Intel processor?

Hi Elsner Marcus:

I play it in windowed mode, even in Windows 7 because I can still access the tray features on my computer - it gives me the ability to pause play and do other things.

By the way, my above scenery problem has seemed to have fixed itself. I see the whole base now in MB and I didn't do anything.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; March 28th, 2019 at 06:15.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I have been reading this thread and am more confused than ever- about water masks , excludes, airfield excludes, etc depending on who designed it when and where it goes in the scenery.cfg priority.
    I have used the revised edition of Rami's PTO and works ok with what I have installed, but seems to me it I want to add someone's missions that are outside the guide Rhumba's new mesh, I have several PTO installs just for my simple mind(yes I have a large H.D).--Talon's missions only, Shadow Wolf's Essex in what I call PTO mid war, S.W. Pacific which contains Rami's D.O.A. and and RAAF, and want to add one for late war but not yet.
    Is there any simple instructions for a simple mind anywhere. I would like to add some additional scenery to some of these but___?
    Sorry but this has always given me problems.
    Thanks

Howdy Highpockets: I used Rami's guide as a basis for a PTO guide and followed the add-on /installation instructions for others' Rhumba based scenery packs and all seems to be working fine. My only problem is the stock based skipped. (Engebi, Roi and Marcus Is. for example).

Thank you for the plug about my USS Essex CV 9 campaign. I am 25 missions into a redo of it, using the Rhumba "world" and need only those islands and hopefully a MR Philippines in gsl at least (a major task indeed).
    I have the Carolines, New Britain, New Ireland, MR's Formosa, Marianas + Iwo, and Gilberts all installed and have no problems with them.

I suggest you do that, install what you can on top of Rami's guide and just do the best you can. I know it seems complicated and confusing but if you stack them in the scenery library, like the readmes say, you should be okay. There are many gaps in the PTO to be filled though and I wish I had the skills to fill them myself.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks Shadow Wolf. I will continue to muddle along. I think I get it. Sometimes I get funky looking scenery and probably have them in the wrong priority.
    The word is "carefully" follow the instructions. I have been guilty several times of not doing that.

One more question--how do I handle all the CFS 2 files such as Ettico's PTO flattens, Rhumba's coast pacific, N Asia_China ,SE Asia, etc. Some readme text have no dates. The ones after 2008 i I assume apply to his new mesh. Also if they should be used, where do they go in the priority list.

Never mind!
    I found a discussion regarding watermasks between e.a. wicklund and others in early March.

Members who have read this thread: 1