Section F8 F-86 re-imagined to CA-27 Avon Sabre

Thread: Section F8 F-86 re-imagined to CA-27 Avon Sabre

Threaded View

Section F8 F-86 re-imagined to CA-27 Avon Sabre

It's been quite a while - converting a 1024 paintkit to 4096 was the bug-bear, particularly with discovering several 'anomalies' with the graphics-mapping to the model.... along with the several discrepancies between what 'was' an F-86 and now a Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-27 Avon Sabre.
    When working at 4096 level even one pixel of misalignment shows up painfully so the eternal trial-and-error-adjust-and-retry becomes er eternal.
    Pretty much everything related to the exterior bitmaps [there are 3] has changed, the most important was the removal of the overlaps so all the pixels in paint would be only those that painted save for a limited cut-out line.
    The biggest anomaly with the model paint was the U/C doors....they simply cannot be defined, and the U/S rear wing roots are mostly iffy.
    One of the early fun bits was trying to locate one tiny bit of the forward-left tailplane root.... I knew it was there somewhere [it painted] but I almost had to look through every one of the 16 million pixels. It ended up about as far away from where it 'should' have been as you could get and still be in the same bmp.

All that aside, it's a great model/plane [with the usual canopy glass prob], and no-one has done a '27 so I thought it was worth the effort.
    Needless to say, once I've uploaded the 6 real paints I've almost completed I'll have to rework everything again so I can release an updated 4096 kit of the F-86 itself - sigh - will have to type all the notes on that one with an American accent...

Here's a latest pic of A94-101, the CA-26 prototype of the 27.
    I only decided to do all this when I noticed the machine gun ports were painted, not modelled...so Cannons would work the same way...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image53.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1