Mission Builder glitch...

Thread: Mission Builder glitch...

Mission Builder glitch...

I ran into a problem with Win 10/Mission Builder in this and another, otherwise fully working, install. When I start MB I get a message as shown in the screenshot below. When I click ok, it crashes. I tried various resolution settings both on the computer and in game advanced display settings. Also, when I try to crank MB up via the CFO tab, I get the same result.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution or some ideas? My resolution by default is normally 1920 X 1080 and uses the intel, not the Nvidia video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_005.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Wish I could help, but that is why I keep replacing my XP, maybe Allen can figure this out....
    I will send him an email.......
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Quote Originally Posted by No Dice View Post
    Wish I could help, but that is why I keep replacing my XP, maybe Allen can figure this out....
    I will send him an email.......
    Thank you for the effort!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Never seen it before. Using 1360x768 AMD video on my tower and laptop. Win 10 problem?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Never seen it before. Using 1360x768 AMD video on my tower and laptop. Win 10 problem?
    Yes, it only occurs with Win 10.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi Shadowolf
    I have never seen this one.
    I assume you have installed CFS2 run as an administrator and compatibility set to Windows XP service pack 2.
    Mission Builder has to have the same settings.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi Shadowolf
    I have never seen this one.
    I assume you have installed CFS2 run as an administrator and compatibility set to Windows XP service pack 2.
    Mission Builder has to have the same settings.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Yes, both in SP2 and in SP3 - Free Flight and Missions and Campaigns work, but no MB.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Open your cfs2.cfg and look at the [MAIN] section near the top:

[MAIN]
    ShowLogo=0
    ShowMovie=1
    RUNNINGBADHW=0
    Location=0,0,1920,1080
    HideMenuNormal=1
    HideMenuFullscreen=1
    Maximized=0
    Display_Fractional_Minutes=1

This is the section that dictates the business of the opening splash screen for both the sim and for MB. If your defo desktop resolution is normally 1920 X 1080, make sure that the 'Location' line reads as above. Its supposed to synch the sim's opening resolution with the desktop resolution. I don't know why your MB isn't taking orders from it if the sim boot is OK with it, but it should (more Win 10 funkiness in relation to your hardware configurations i presume). I dual boot XP and Win10 but spend 99% of my CFS2 time in XP. However, with this setting i have no probs with MB booting in Win10.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Bearcat241! I will give it a try when I get home.

P.S.: Just tried your settings - no joy.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; February 19th, 2019 at 09:50.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Is there something in common with these two installs, an aircraft, ship, ect.?
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

P51FAN: There's a lot in common; acft, ships and such but all the addons work fine in MB in my Win 7 laptop. I will try a clean, new install and see if MB works. Has anyone actually used Mission Builder in a purely (not upgraded from 8.1) Win 10 system?

...still

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

That is a good question Shadow.....
    I know in XP..if you have multi installs it is safer to go to C program files, "or were ever you have them installed"
    In windows explorer, then click on the CFS2 location, then chose Mission Builder from the menu...Not the desk top.

Just my two cents,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    P51FAN: There's a lot in common; acft, ships and such but all the addons work fine in MB in my Win 7 laptop. I will try a clean, new install and see if MB works. Has anyone actually used Mission Builder in a purely (not upgraded from 8.1) Win 10 system?

...still

SW07
    Hi Shadow Wolf,
    I've been using MB in a non upgraded Win10 system for the past year. It gives me a clear run for mission building and creating GSL files. The only glitches I've had were caused by overpopulating the ship and aircraft folders. BTW, I have a seperate MB installed for each CFS2 area install so that I can keep the number of DP objects down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Hi Shadow Wolf,
    I've been using MB in a non upgraded Win10 system for the past year. It gives me a clear run for mission building and creating GSL files. The only glitches I've had were caused by overpopulating the ship and aircraft folders. BTW, I have a seperate MB installed for each CFS2 area install so that I can keep the number of DP objects down.
    Ravenna: I too have separate shotcut files to MB in each of my installs. I have 90 ships in my SHIPS folder and only 42 aircraft. I am putting in a fresh install of CFS2 and will build it up with Rumba's mesh then UncleTgt's and MR's scenery, testing as I go. I still think the problem is display related... MB starts to load and after about 20 seconds I get the error message shown above.

NoDice: I select MB from a shortcut I created, inside the install's main folder. I will try yout route to MB.

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Clean install work?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Clean install work?
    NOPE...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Can you boot MB in full screen? Tower or laptop? If laptop maybe hook up to TV and get a resolution display from the TV while in full screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Has anyone actually used Mission Builder in a purely (not upgraded from 8.1) Win 10 system?
    I haven't had much time to build anything, but mission builder works well on my new Windows 10 computer. I don't know if it's relevant, but when I first tried running CFS2 on my new computer it ran well on the default resolution of 800x600, but when I tried 2560x1440 it would run but the display would be black when I went to fly. Once I set the resolution to 1920x1440 it worked just fine.
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

I haven't completely given up yet, but I did spend 20+ hours doing a Rhumba based PTO install on my Windows 7 laptop and it works fine in MB.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Question Reply...

Greg,

Shot in the dark, but do you have administrator privileges on and User Accounts Control (Or whatever it is in Windows 10) turned off?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Greg,

Shot in the dark, but do you have administrator privileges on and User Accounts Control (Or whatever it is in Windows 10) turned off?
    Drew: I sure do. I can't imagine what to do next.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Well it will not help with your situation, But I am having another Mission Builder problem on the Viet Project.
    No matter what I try or change in the mission....Once I hit save mission, I get an error file and it does not save...
    Even after hand edits...

and that is on WN XP...........

I will ask for help in the developers section: soon

http://thefreeflightsite.com/Develop...20Projects.htm

Members who have read this thread: 1