Understanding ETO expansion updates and more.

Thread: Understanding ETO expansion updates and more.

Understanding ETO expansion updates and more.

Hello, i am new to the CFS3 scene and really eager to play all the expansions. But i am completely lost where to start. I have downloaded all the campaigns and they all work fine when installed, but when i fly the hurricane in the battle of the west campaign and selected this with the bat. It seems to immediately crash when taking off and aircraft floating on the ground at the start. This does not include the shaders yet. So i was wondering if there is anything i am missing exactly?
    I do also see updates for 1.40 and above, can i be forwarded onto them links aswell please?

Appreciate it.

I am using windows 10 too and the game runs fine when i install it via disk.

EDIT : Nevermind, looking in the wrong places. Sorry haha. Found the links i need.
    Last edited by fruitypebbzhwd; February 17th, 2019 at 07:23. Reason: Overlooked other posts.

Ah, it crashes on splashscreen. RIP?

Take note of the tips in the sticky thread above on running CFS3 in Windows 10. The gist is in post #18
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Be sure not to install the optional shader package included in the update for the ETO. It is old and out of date. Be sure to get the newest one in the warbirds section to use. Follow the steps given above and read getting ETO to work in win7/10 in the sticky thread.

Seems to have fixed the issue of booting the game and. Runs so smooth! 3 issues have occurred :

1. Error prior to loading up, still boots up fine.

HTML Code:
    https://imgur.com/U7rN5Ev
    2. Now the shaders have been set and this occurs. This is also shown in the viritual cockpit aswell.

HTML Code:
    https://imgur.com/a/O7XxsSu
    3. I take off fine from a campaign mission, then if i want to warp to the destination it crashes mid-way.

Campaign is currently set on Attack on the West.

Thank's for your help guys.

Jim

Set
    <DualPassRender val="n"/>
    <HighResolutionZBuffer val="y"/>

in the ConfigOverrides.xml to eliminate that line.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Re the first error, that file should only be in the Aircraft/w40_H75A2_No84/model folder.

Some how you have ended up with 2 m3d files with the same name
    or
    2 aircraft.cfg files that call for the same model named H75A3.

In the Aircraft/w40_H75A2_No84/model folder you should find 3 files only
    AI_h75a3 (model file for AI version)
    H75A3 (model file for the player flyable version)
    H75a3_cockpit0 (cockpit model for player flyable version)

It wont effect the game loading but it will stop one of those model files loading, you will need to do some investigating to see how you have that going on
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Everything works perfect!

Most of all issues have been fixed - except one.

- Crashes on warping across to the next destination? (This only occurs with attack on the west campaign). Any reasons on why this could be?

Wow, it runs so smooth on windows 10 along with the shaders. Thank you kindly for all your help lads.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer View Post
    Re the first error, that file should only be in the Aircraft/w40_H75A2_No84/model folder.

Some how you have ended up with 2 m3d files with the same name
    or
    2 aircraft.cfg files that call for the same model named H75A3.

In the Aircraft/w40_H75A2_No84/model folder you should find 3 files only
    AI_h75a3 (model file for AI version)
    H75A3 (model file for the player flyable version)
    H75a3_cockpit0 (cockpit model for player flyable version)

It wont effect the game loading but it will stop one of those model files loading, you will need to do some investigating to see how you have that going on
    I found the problem, it turned out the 1.50 file remover.bat did not find the location specified. So i manually deleted the files.

This is the error that occurs each time i run certain campaigns.

Faulting application name: cfs3.exe, version: 3.1.0.30203, time stamp: 0x3e3ebe85
    Faulting module name: MSVCR70.dll, version: 7.0.9466.0, time stamp: 0x3c36e574
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0002ca4a
    Faulting process ID: 0x4608
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c94e19b9160b
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\cfs3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\MSVCR70.dll
    Report ID: 0cc86d1e-f366-4a29-aa74-0e2ed09a9768
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Would any of you have an idea of what this could be? Its always when i start a mission and take off.

SOH-CM-2020
    Um, just a basic question could be way off - are all your files switching over to the appropriate era? Check that your global layer is appropriate to the era, and the uisel/cutscenes/missions/spawns and whatever else I've missed have properly switched over to Era 1 (Attack in the West). Sometimes the bat files responsible for the switching may not be configured properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Um, just a basic question could be way off - are all your files switching over to the appropriate era? Check that your global layer is appropriate to the era, and the uisel/cutscenes/missions/spawns and whatever else I've missed have properly switched over to Era 1 (Attack in the West). Sometimes the bat files responsible for the switching may not be configured properly.

Ok that is interesting, the ETOSwapper.bat is saying access denied? Same with the global_layer cannot be specified? The hell? This could be the reason why this is occurring. Any way i can re-configure them?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Did you read the installation guides for ETO and PTO in the sticky section? They will show you how to properly install the ETO and PTO RS on you computer. There are also video guides to help you through the process of installing. Sounds like you have missed the basic installation procedures of installing the ETO into Win 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Did you read the installation guides for ETO and PTO in the sticky section? They will show you how to properly install the ETO and PTO RS on you computer. There are also video guides to help you through the process of installing. Sounds like you have missed the basic installation procedures of installing the ETO into Win 7/10.
    I have reinstalled 1.5 and seems to have fixed the .bat issue? Selecting campaigns is fine along with global layer etc. This does not occur with the other campaigns just Battle of the west. I blame windows 10! Boooo! haha If the problem still persists i will start from the beginning reading everything from the guide once more. Thanks to everyone involved for keeping CFS3 alive. Loving the other campaigns! There goes my CFS1 and 2 boxes for now.

Members who have read this thread: 0