Atten or Volume - what works?

Thread: Atten or Volume - what works?

Atten or Volume - what works?

I'm trying to increase the volume of sounds but struggling (short of boosting them in audacity to the point where they clip).

Can anyone (or any guide explain) when and where to use atten and when and where to use volume (sound.xml, effect xml, aircraft xdp?), what overides what and if I put too high a parameter in I uess it will default, so what is the range available?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWH View Post
    I'm trying to increase the volume of sounds but struggling (short of boosting them in audacity to the point where they clip).

Can anyone (or any guide explain) when and where to use atten and when and where to use volume (sound.xml, effect xml, aircraft xdp?), what overides what and if I put too high a parameter in I uess it will default, so what is the range available?
    For the sound.xml, Attenuation (Atten?) is the parameter used. The lower the attenuation, the louder the sound. So worrying about a high parameter is not relevant.

I haven't used the volume parameter - is it used in some effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    The lower the attenuation, the louder the sound....
    Awesome, thanks! That woudl explain why I couldn't get things louder then by increasing it!

I had seen volume somewhere, maybe in the effects, definately not seen it a lot; looks like "atten=" is the one I needed to understand. Thanks.

Here is a link to a post which has a copy of the sound sdk which mainly deals with the aircraft sound config, I note that it mentions the volume parameter for what its worth

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1153845
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Members who have read this thread: 0