CFS 3 missing aircraft after 3.1 patch

Thread: CFS 3 missing aircraft after 3.1 patch

CFS 3 missing aircraft after 3.1 patch

Hello all. I'm new to SOH. I'm hoping to find some answers.

Recently I got my old copy of CFS 3 out(2 disc version) installed and updated it so it would run on Windows 10. But when I do the B-26 goes missing. The is very annoying, as I just bought the Firepower expansion/mod. And the added aircraft from Firepower do not show up either. At least on the American side. All the aircraft seem to be there with the British and Germans.

It's been well over a decade since I installed, but I remember adding Firepower after I had it patched and running. In both cases the B-26 was still there, but I was on XP in those days. I've managed carry those installs over to Win 7 and Win 10 and they're still intact.

The b_25 folder should have three aircraft in it, and the b-26 has two.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean the 3.1a patch ? If you do not install it over the 3.1 patch 4 engine aircraft will not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Do you mean the 3.1a patch ? If you do not install it over the 3.1 patch 4 engine aircraft will not show up.
    I meant 3.1.......stupid dyslexia......how do I change the title of the thread?

So I installed 3.1, then 3.1a then replaced the exe with a no CD version. Seems to be the only way to get it to start on Windows 10

I don't think 3.1a is properly being applied. It says that I've upgraded to 3.1a, but the game says it's still version 3.1.

Blog Entries
    It has been applied. What you say is normal and not to worry, it's there,as long as the stock install is in the default location.

It has been applied. What you say is normal and not to worry, it's there,as long as the stock install is in the default location.
    Hmmmm

This is what it looks like after 3.1 and 3.1a

I'm still missing the B-26s. I've got the B-25s and Ju-88s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Did you read the sticky on running CFS3 in Win. 10 ? I'm running Win. 7 64 bit and had to follow certain steps and also use the unmentionable thingy with no problems. Seems there are some certain steps that need to be taken to get CFS3 to run correctly in Win. 10 as stated in the sticky thread.Many have gotten CFS3 to work in Win.10 ,so it can be done. Maybe someone has had the same problems. Just know the updates look for the stock location. If you already modded sim uninstall and reinstall sim again (be sure to remove all CFS3 folders). Start from scratch and follow directions in sticky to install correctly. Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Sorry, the b-26 folder is 31 MB, so it's too big to e-mail.

If you have it installed initially and then it goes missing during the patch, perhaps you could make a copy in another location and then drop it back in after the patch.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Sorry, the b-26 folder is 31 MB, so it's too big to e-mail.

If you have it installed initially and then it goes missing during the patch, perhaps you could make a copy in another location and then drop it back in after the patch.
    That's the weird thing. The folder is there. It just doesn't show up in the game. And when I install the FirePower mod, none the extra multi-engine planes show up.

There's a line (Aircraft Category) near the top of the air file for each aircraft that determines if the plane is flyable or AI only. If it's not set to a value of 0 they won't show up in the selection list.

If you right click on your cfs3.exe, look in properties, on the details tab, what file version do you have?

Mine is 3.1.0.30203.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    There's a line (Aircraft Category) near the top of the air file for each aircraft that determines if the plane is flyable or AI only. If it's not set to a value of 0 they won't show up in the selection list.

If you right click on your cfs3.exe, look in properties, on the details tab, what file version do you have?

Mine is 3.1.0.30203.
    I think that may have been it! I didn't realize there where different exe's I had grabbed the wrong one from no-CD folder. So everything seems to be working ..........for now I promptly flew a B-29 and dropped a nuke! Ha! I love it! Thank you so much for your help!

Members who have read this thread: 0