Hurlburt Field afcad and traffic help

Thread: Hurlburt Field afcad and traffic help

Hurlburt Field afcad and traffic help

Hi guys, default KHRT is devoid of parking and apparently any AI in P3D.

There are MAIW files that worked once upon a time, but not in P3D as far as I can tell. Mostly FS9 and FSX. I would like to create my own small traffic file to add some AC-130s to this special operations air field and create an AFCAD that works with the default P3D scenery. However... its been so long since I did any of that kind of stuff, what tools should one use now to create parking spaces on an air field and to create a small fleet of AI traffic?

What works with P3Dv4?

Kinda wish someone would do a good Eglin and Hurlburt Field scenery. My late father (my profile photo) was based at Hurlburt in the early 60's. When I had FS9, I used that scenery which he used to fly my sim along with the Razbam A-1 and the SOH A-26. One day maybe we'll see a good scenery for the area.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Kinda wish someone would do a good Eglin and Hurlburt Field scenery....
    I most definitely want that too!

MAIW has converted nearly all their packages to P3Dv4 compatible, and are still working on more. The best way to get it is by using their "MATRIX" program, which loads all their converted packages, by region. You do have control over what gets installed to a point, and updates are regularly posted to the program. Check it out here: https://militaryaiworks.com/download...-xtreme-matrix
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi guys, default KHRT is devoid of parking and apparently any AI in P3D.

There are MAIW files that worked once upon a time, but not in P3D as far as I can tell. Mostly FS9 and FSX. I would like to create my own small traffic file to add some AC-130s to this special operations air field and create an AFCAD that works with the default P3D scenery. However... its been so long since I did any of that kind of stuff, what tools should one use now to create parking spaces on an air field and to create a small fleet of AI traffic?

What works with P3Dv4?
    To create the parking and taxiways, you need the very great Airport Design Editor, which works with all versions of P3D.

Once you have the airfield as you want it, you'll need AIFP to create the actual traffic files.

Warning: doing all this is addictive.....

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    MAIW has converted nearly all their packages to P3Dv4 compatible, and are still working on more. The best way to get it is by using their "MATRIX" program, which loads all their converted packages, by region. You do have control over what gets installed to a point, and updates are regularly posted to the program. Check it out here: https://militaryaiworks.com/download...-xtreme-matrix
    I have the matrix app. Hurlburt isnt in there. its not one of the ones thats been converted yet apparently.

Hurlburt Field at Eglin AFB - Mary Esther, FL (KHRT)

Jim Cook did an FSX AFCAD of this field, and I've converted it to P3D (for my own use).
    There aren't any buildings shown, but that may be because it uses purely stock FSX items.

There's lots of AI parking.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Hurlburt Field at Eglin AFB - Mary Esther, FL (KHRT)

Jim Cook did an FSX AFCAD of this field, and I've converted it to P3D (for my own use).
    There aren't any buildings shown, but that may be because it uses purely stock FSX items.

There's lots of AI parking.

Dave
    Hi Dave I tried Jims AFCAD and for some reason, it also deletes buildings in a large swath of the town as well as trees east of the air base. At least with my install of Orbx vector and NA landclass it does. (and I do have the files in the correct order in the scenery.cfg file).

Interestingly, I downloaded ADE 1.75 last night and when I try to use it to open up a stock bgl to look at an airport I get an error message. Its a hard error too. locks up ADE. I have to use task manager to shut it down.

ADE is a very complex tool, and won't simply work 'straight out of the box'.It's going to do that if you don't take the time to set ADE up correctly for each sim, I'm afraid.

Settings\Options\Folders, and make sure that everything is pointing where it should.

Dave

ADE is a very complex tool, and won't simply work 'straight out of the box'.It's going to do that if you don't take the time to set ADE up correctly for each sim, I'm afraid.

Settings\Options\Folders, and make sure that everything is pointing where it should.

Dave
    The install of the tool in its latest version searches the registry and autopopulates the paths to the SDK, the sim and the scenery.cfg file. It gives you the chance to review prior to the install. All were correct. it also gives you the chance to check which version of the sim you are using each time you fire up the tool. However, I will go check this again just to be sure.

Dave
    FYI, I wrote to scruffyduck software who developed ADE. I was told that ADE has a problem with the models in P3D 4.4 and was given a link to a download of a beta version of ADE 1.77 which addresses this issue. I subsequently was able to fix my problem and created the AFCAD I needed for my version of KHRT. (Nothing fancy, but it has parking spaces now that work.) I also made a working AFCAD for KMGE (Dobbins ARB) which default has NO parking spaces at all.

I've just found a very interesting tool over on the AIG forum.

It converts FSX AFDs for use in P3D, either singly or in a batch. Find it here.

Dave

I've just found a very interesting tool over on the AIG forum.

It converts FSX AFDs for use in P3D, either singly or in a batch. Find it here.

Dave
    Thats Awesome. Thank you Dave!

Members who have read this thread: 0