MisterX6 going global for XP11

Thread: MisterX6 going global for XP11

MisterX6 going global for XP11

Great scenerist MisterX6 of Short final designs announces global texture and autogen replacements for XP11.
    Golly :- )

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/sfdgbl

Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    Great scenerist MisterX6 of Short final designs announces global texture and autogen replacements for XP11.
    Golly :- )
    Currently I'm using TerraMaxx because it's one of a few packages that gives you more than just the default Summer textures. . .so I can load up any seasonal look I want. It's unfortunate that the American textures aren't going to be included
    because while the default is fine and more realistic looking than FSX or P3D in some areas, it does not have the awesome appearance shown in these shots from MisterX6, and Laminar isn't going to release it's own texture update in the way MisterX6 is . . . .instead it will be bits and pieces over time as each new update to the Sim is released. So no telling how long it will take before the US will be on a par with these amazing screen shots.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Wondering if this product might be the orbx of xp.
    Screens show real attention to detail.

You enjoy terramax?

Thx
    Brady

Wondering if this product might be the orbx of xp.
    Screens show real attention to detail.
    I agree, the screens look awesome but since Laminar won't allow the US to be done the same way. . .therein lies the rub. The world minus the US will look awesome and us yanks will be left waiting to see if Laminar can match what this guy has done.

You enjoy terramax?
    Thx
    Brady
    I like it because I can at least swap out seasonal textures. Honestly though If I'm flying the default and I select Summer from the TerraMaxx drop-down. . .once it's finished loading and refreshes the scenery theres a difference in color density and contrast, but it also appears that what they've done is simply take the default textures and work those over to beef them up, add seasonal differences and repackage the lot. Winter, which I've only used once has the appearance of someone who took a paint sprayer and gave the environment a solid coat of white. It doesn't have the same look that winter in FSX does. . .which once I saw the TerraMaxx version, I liked even better. lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Currently I'm using TerraMaxx because it's one of a few packages that gives you more than just the default Summer textures. . .so I can load up any seasonal look I want. It's unfortunate that the American textures aren't going to be included
    because while the default is fine and more realistic looking than FSX or P3D in some areas, it does not have the awesome appearance shown in these shots from MisterX6, and Laminar isn't going to release it's own texture update in the way MisterX6 is . . . .instead it will be bits and pieces over time as each new update to the Sim is released. So no telling how long it will take before the US will be on a par with these amazing screen shots.
    According to the xp11 forum , the replacement textures will be fully global, so US will be included.
    But US autogen won't be.

Pretty stoked, and he seems lnclined to support plugins like terramax.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...omment=1597551

Members who have read this thread: 0