Looking for dynamic gunsight entries for ETO_P_51b

Thread: Looking for dynamic gunsight entries for ETO_P_51b

Looking for dynamic gunsight entries for ETO_P_51b

This is P-51B 362 FS 1943 G4-N.

I tried all the the P51 entries from the list, but all they did was remove the static reticle. I took the new line back out and the static reticle came back in the mission, but now I have no reticle in Quick Combat.

I tried running the ETO BDP Zapper but that didn't help. Do I have to do something else?

This is what I'm using for the FFD P-51B series;

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_K14_gunsight" PosX="0.035" PosZ="-0.075" PosY="0.5675" Pitch="89.5" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_l3a_gunsight" PosX="-0.035" PosZ="-0.075" PosY="0.5675" Pitch="89.5" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks Major, either one of them worked but I had to change PosX to "0.010" to center it up on both styles.

I thought only one type of sight worked. Can you change to a different sight on all aircraft?

Yes, any aircraft, any sight.

The one I posted above is supposed to have both lines of code in the xdp. That particular sight actually presented the pilot with two different reticles. Ground attack on the left, and air-to-air on the right. The pilot just had to shift his view left or right to make use the appropriate one as needed.

Pretty cool, right?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I had never heard of this. I'll have to give that a try. I noticed other planes listed with two lines of code, some with the same reticle, so I guess that's the same situation.

Members who have read this thread: 0