DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

One of the big focus items for the Viper is the air-to-air radar with immediate focus on:
    1- Track While Scan (TWS) mode
    2- Contact refresh rate in SAM
    3- Dual Track Target mode for SAM
    Items like TWS and SAM/LTWS refresh will then help bring new functions to the Hornet radar.

1920×1080 242 KB

1920×1080 210 KB

Patrick

Sure hope they get the floating missile rail/ghosting pylon issue fixed on the next update.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Mover" gives his thoughts

Patrick

Glad he confirmed the power issue and I like his "how it's done in the real jet..." comments. Looking forward to part 2.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

F-16 Effects question that I am wondering about. I had taken note before the model was released that there was screen shots of the vapor/condensation affect of the top of the fuselage and wings that were spot on in looking like the actual vapor when a real F-16 is maneuver in high G. Specifically the typical curved/claw Outside Caliper look. I had not seen this effect on this F-16 model over the course of time I have had it until today when I set up a flight mission. I normally set my missions C&D and taxi out and takeoff but today I mistakenly skipped that step and that is when I first saw these effects but when reverting back to starting the mission on the ground, the effect is then missing except for the light vapor effect over the wings. Any one have any idea why this is occurring? Pardon me asking here, I usually don't get much of a response on ED forums about these kind of questions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not sure Storm, but I did see this pic the other day. It's the title pic for CW Lemoines second Viper video. Looks like there's some sort of condensation occurring, and it looks to me like a real life image next to a DCS World screenshot.

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    F-16 Effects question that I am wondering about. I had taken note before the model was released that there was screen shots of the vapor/condensation affect of the top of the fuselage and wings that were spot on in looking like the actual vapor when a real F-16 is maneuver in high G. Specifically the typical curved/claw Outside Caliper look. I had not seen this effect on this F-16 model over the course of time I have had it until today when I set up a flight mission. I normally set my missions C&D and taxi out and takeoff but today I mistakenly skipped that step and that is when I first saw these effects but when reverting back to starting the mission on the ground, the effect is then missing except for the light vapor effect over the wings. Any one have any idea why this is occurring? Pardon me asking here, I usually don't get much of a response on ED forums about these kind of questions.
    Hello Storm,Could it be something you might not have checked of in The F-16 Module Settings ?? I believe The Vapor effect is still in the latest DCS Open Beta,but I'll ck tomorrow and make sure.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Hello Storm,Could it be something you might not have checked of in The F-16 Module Settings ?? I believe The Vapor effect is still in the latest DCS Open Beta,but I'll ck tomorrow and make sure.
    To be honest, I am not sure. I will open the sim and do some checking and testing to see what I can turn up and report back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Storm,I did ck....It does seem to be working in latest Open Beta,Although maybe not as "Pronounced" as in the past Beta's?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_191118_174032.jpg   Screen_191118_174015.jpg  

Patrick

There was a bug in open beta with the over the wing vapour streak where for some reason in some circumstance only one side would show up. Just got to remember it's very much in development still.

I went back and checked, there's not module specific G-Vapor setting that I could find. I also reverted that mission back to the airborne turning point and there, the full vapor effect appeared when under high G loading. My guess is that there is some specific coding trigger which controls these effects that differentiates from the ground-takeoff/landing portion of the flight from the airborne portion and there may be a bug that is causing issues with the triggering of parts of the effects. Here is what I get when starting the missing in flight:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The wing vapor depends upon humidity, G, AoA, and is model specific for how it actually looks. But it is physics driven from my understanding. It's not a canned effect that increases with only G. AFAIK.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

From my testing, the wing and caliper type vapor are separate effects with different triggers but nevertheless, I have the same conditions set and the caliper vapor will not show if I start the flight off the runway or ramp. No matte where I start the flight in the air, the effect fully triggers on high G pull once the AoA and G hits a certain point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    From my testing, the wing and caliper type vapor are separate effects with different triggers but nevertheless, I have the same conditions set and the caliper vapor will not show if I start the flight off the runway or ramp. No matte where I start the flight in the air, the effect fully triggers on high G pull once the AoA and G hits a certain point.
    I think that is a known bug, which was supposed to have been fixed. Are you using open beta or Stable? Interesting testing then.....from what I read about the hornet, it was supposed to be based on level of humitidy + the other factors. I wonder if that is a broad definition for the trigger. like, as in if it's >= X or <= Y.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I think that is a known bug, which was supposed to have been fixed. Are you using open beta or Stable? Interesting testing then.....from what I read about the hornet, it was supposed to be based on level of humitidy + the other factors. I wonder if that is a broad definition for the trigger. like, as in if it's >= X or <= Y.
    I have he F-16 on both Beta and Stable, just the mission parameters in question are on the Beta side.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***mini update***

Hey everyone,

With the holidays behind us, the team is back at work on the Viper. Here is a list of the tasks the team is currently working on. Although the following are being worked on, we cannot promise that all will be ready for the next Open Beta:

• The radar directed gun sight is working great internally based on EEGS Level 5 sighting. It is very stable and practically a sniper weapon. Starting tomorrow, the team will be creating the dogfight HUD (Attitude Awareness in DGFT).
    • The afterburner effect has been greatly improved. Quite a blow torch now!
    • Fuel flows have been tuned to be more accurate based on available data.
    • Turn performance further adjusted regarding over Mach 1 below 8,000 ft MSL.
    • Wind is better accounted for in the flight model and displayed air speeds.
    • Several updates to the INS and alignment system.
    • Corrected PPLI display in network play.
    • Updates to the AIM-120 that include launch delay and HUD cue centering in the TD box.
    • Added ILS declutter function.
    • Adjusted the command steering cue localizer to be less sensitive.
    • Corrected AA TCN error.
    • Added further functions to the Link 16 system.
    • Added cursor switch depress to switch between AIM-9 BORE and SLAVE modes.

There are many more, and these will be listed in the change log for the next Open Beta. Once we have the new dogfight HUD working, I’ll be creating a new video that explains it, and displays the accuracy and ease of use of EEGS Level 5.

After the next update is completed, we’ll discuss the next set of new features and changes planned for the Viper.

Thanks,
    Wags

Patrick

***mini update***
    "
    Hey everyone,

Probably the most wanted new feature of the Viper is the radar-directed gunsight. After all, there is not much more fun than BFM in a Viper! Today, we completed the first pass of the system, and it's working quite well. However, it does need extensive testing before we can roll it into an Open Beta.

For the Viper version we are simulating, it uses the EEGS Level 5 sight (not the old LCOS) that combines the funnel with a radar-directed gun pipper for accuracy, even at max range. It also includes the Attitude Awareness Arc (AAA), the Ghost Horizon Line (GHL), Bullet At Target Range (BATR) cue, Multiple Reference Gunsights (MRGS), T-Symbol (Foresight Cue for Hornet pilots), the Aspect Angle On EEGS TD Arc, and more.

Here is a real-world video that is rather close to the version of the radar-directed gun HUD we are implementing."
    <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, &quot;lucida grande&quot;, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; background-color: rgb(206, 213, 228);">

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 2