DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

"DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News

DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
    • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
    • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
    • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
    • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
    • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
    • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
    • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
    • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
    • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
    • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
    • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
    • M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
    • Link 16 Data Link
    • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
    • AGM-88C HARM
    • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
    • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
    • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
    • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
    • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
    • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
    • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
    • AGM-158/A JASSM
    • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
    • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

Patrick

I'll probably barely have the Tomcat landings mastered and then the Viper drops, like my current payware P3D set up, too many modules and not enough time.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

While it is nice and will doubtlessly please a lot of people, that this airplane gets implemented , I have to say I' m not that happy with the general approach
    ED is seemingly taking towards developement of DCS these days.

Its just my personal opinion, but it seems to me that this is becoming more and more a hype-driven simulator with the developement team already in over their head(capacity-wise) with the complexity of the F-18 ,
    which will doubtlessly keep large chunks of developement capacities blocked for a long time to come instead of other stuff and now another new complex 4th gen fbw fighter?

Yes I know, transfer of technology from the F-18 and so on, but I don't see it releasing earlier than 2020 , and with release I mean early access.

In meantime, the core sim is left to languish, with long overdue basic items not getting fixed or much needed improvement, e.g. the dedicated MP servers (announced for autumn 2018, same as MAC ) or the
    awful AI air combat performance, further degraded by the simplified flight models attached to the AI. Not to speak of optimizations to the graphic engine of the sim.

Well I know, this is probably looking like a major rant, but I think fixing these basic items would really boost the quality of the entire sim much more than adding another single hype driven module.

But, of course it's ED train set and they can do what they like with it and probably need to generate enough revenue along the way too.

Kind regards,

Oliver

I love DCS world. I agree with you about the AI Flight models. Most Modules are fantastic. Every aircraft is basically PMDG/VRS quality. And the flight models for the user flown Aircraft are better than anything I've flown in P3D. apart from VRS Bug or MV F-100D. The Graphics engine is already better than P3Dv4. There's a lot going on with lots of active development. They absolutely need to bring on more developers. They are are suffering in that regard. But Honestly I only ever flew in teh NTTR in P3D, so for me, this is fantastic. Love the Persian Gulf map. I love the native post processing effects like motion blur with head movements. It's so immersive, despite it's imperfections.

I fly online with my squadron mostly so I don't really suffer from the Saturn V AI behavior....but if you flind a group to fly with, you'll find it is a completely different experience.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Cheers friends,All valid points and opinions,I believe it was little more than a year ago that DCS had a massive overhaul of the game engine,New terrain,Lighting and Explosions to name a few.
    The Sim is not perfect,We know that,but really,What other choice do we have?
    Is there anything on the market now that covers modern era aerial combat as in depth and high fidelity as DCS does?

The Hornet was released in (EA)Early Access in May of last year,It has gotten almost weekly updates since it's release,I for one would hate to wait another 1 or 2 years till it was fully developed to enjoy it on my PC,I'm very happy with the realistic pace of the aircraft's development.

With The popularity The Falcon has World Wide,As it is flown as a staple in many nations Air forces,It's no wonder DCS put other aircraft (F4 Phantom) on the back burner to develop The Viper.

As has been stated above Much of the same development technology/systems modeling/coding will be transferred from Hornet to Falcon,saving lots of development time.
    More $$ Coming into the Sim means more can be invested into upgrading it.
    The Viper as The next DCS Aircraft is a WIN,WIN in my opinion.This as someone who desperately was looking forward to a High Fidelity F4 Phantom and is disappointed that it got pushed back,But I do understand the business side of "Falcon First" DCS Decision.

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I fully agree, Rick and Patrick! Combat aircraft simmers never had it so good! Life will never be perfect, but I can live with it.

***Could be some trouble for DCS***
    https://www.standard.net/news/milita...104ff5152.html
    "
    OGDEN — A Russian is jailed in Weber County, charged with smuggling F-16 fighter manuals to Moscow and trying to obtain guides for other front-line Air Force jets.Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 19 in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City on charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
    Tishchenko was arraigned and pleaded not guilty March 15.

He was charged in a sealed indictment June 15, 2016, but could not be arrested until this year after he traveled to Georgia and that nation agreed to extradite him. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the United States."

Patrick

I have looked over this case and to be perfectly honest, I think it's pretty thin. The other defendant just had the charges against him dropped and I have a feeling this case is heading in the same direction. Anytime anyone is dealing with these released outdated military documents, the Arms Control Act and many other export controls are still intact so there is risk involved in disseminating them. With all the other world wide sources of F-16 documents (even the classified weapon/sensor portions), it's pretty much a safe bet that potential enemies have long had their hands on such documents.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I concur on The Falcon Material,But The F-22,F-35 mentions are a bit more serious.

**edit** Court File***
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oya6o79zz0...1qFbmFmdEPMVK8
    Last edited by Phantom88; May 13th, 2019 at 14:13. Reason: material added

Patrick

Looking at that indictment, two things occurred to me, one: the older F-16 information is freely available for sale and more or less unrestricted. Anyone could copy it and transfer it online and nobody would be none the wiser. The more current C/D TO's is a bit different. There may be some portions of it that are restricted BUT they are still being released by various aerospace and military entities here in the States. Lastly, the F-22 manuals/TO's are clearly very restricted and how any of that is finding it's way out into public hands is a serious question and problem. The problem is, we have many partners on the F-35 and I don't care how many so called safeguards are being placed on those TO's, somewhere, there are going to be those willing to sell that material to our enemies. Granted, some of that material is deliberately skewed in counter-espionage ops to deliberately pass false intelligence to enemies to find leaks and give enemies bad information. Still, sooner or later, someone will flip and sell the real material.

I dunno, the American defendant's charges were dropped, if this guy cooperates and some agreements are reached, his charges might be dropped as well. We shall see. Matters not, the materials in question are in ED's hands and the F-16C-50 development will continue I'm sure. I can't imagine the judge would enter an agreement of any kind to quash that development and sale of the future F-16 module by DCS here or in the EU. Then again, my experiences is that some federal judges can be total kooks and order mind blowing judgments being harsh or lenient.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***DCS SPOKESMAN**STATEMENT***

"Given the seriousness of this situation that Eagle Dynamics got pulled into, we will later issue a formal statement after discussion with legal counsel. Until then, nothing has changed with our future plans, and there is nothing more to say on this matter until we release an official statement."

Patrick

***STATEMENT***FROM***WAGS***
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...12&postcount=1"Lausanne, 14 May 2019.

The Eagle Dynamics group, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, confirms that one of its employees has been jailed in the State of Utah (USA) on charges of seeking to procure, export and sell restricted US fighter jet manuals, in particular the F-16.

Eagle Dynamics confirms that it was not involved in any way in the actions of its employee who acted in a purely private context and for his own personal interests.

The Company develops all of its DCS aircraft game modules exclusively on the basis of publicly available information and has never used nor tried to obtain any classified information.

The Company launched an internal investigation into the actions of its employee, and found nothing in the company's records that relates to the facts that are being held against him. The investigation confirmed in particular that no company resources were used and that no export restricted documents were obtained or stored within the company's systems. Furthermore, the Company confirms that the employee was not involved in any of the work or research pertaining to the development of the Company's upcoming F-16 module.

The development of the F-16 and other modules currently in the pipeline will continue in order to further enhance the simulation experience of DCS World. These events will not affect Eagle Dynamics' commitment to its users and faithful community.

Thank you,
    Matt Wagner
    Senior Producer, Eagle Dynamics SA"

Patrick

All very interesting, maybe this guy had ulterior motives but if what he did is how the Russians are trying to obtain classified information, then they have certainly stooped into the purest amateur class of espionage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

****FROM***DCS***FB**PAGE****

From Wags on DCS Forums
    "Quote:
    Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel
    The texture on the left MFD seems like a placeholder but...trust me... i really want to be corrected!

Nothing in the image is placeholder. All is operational and in the game. The images was taken on the PG map.

As mentioned earlier, our work on the Hornet has allowed us to much more rapidly develop the Viper. Work began only in October of last year.

More news tomorrow...
    Last edited by Phantom88; May 16th, 2019 at 10:10. Reason: added inf

Patrick

Nice! Needless to say, I'm in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A few more popped up

Patrick

***NEWS**UPDATE***

Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%
    The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.

The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.

Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.
    Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Sniper XR targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).

The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!

Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper
    • Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS).
    • The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear.
    • Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine.
    • Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now.
    • A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).
    • Authentic F-16C sounds.
    • Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!
    • Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.

Patrick

***PLANNED FEATURES***

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
    • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
    • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
    • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
    • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
    • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
    • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
    • RWS, SAM, TWS and ACM A/A radar modes
    • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
    • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
    • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
    • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
    • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
    • M61A1 20mm cannon

First skin will be the 55th FS at Shaw AFB.

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
    • Link 16 Data Link
    • A/G radar modes
    • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
    • AGM-88C HARM
    • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
    • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
    • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
    • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
    • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
    • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
    • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
    • AGM-158/A JASSM
    • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
    • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

Patrick

Was glad to see the F-16 will be available for pre-purchase in the news update! Have wanted a F-16 in DCS for a long time.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

****PRE-ORDER NOW OPEN****

Patrick

This is what it's going to take to make me buy a HOTAS.

Son of a...

Quote Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
    This is what it's going to take to make me buy a HOTAS.

Son of a...
    If you're looking at the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog I can vouch that it is well worth the expense. It is a large initial outlay, but the quality is superb, and the functionality is also excellent. You should not need to buy a new controller for many, many years. It is awesome having a replica of the Warthog's controls when you are flying the Warthog, and I just recently read that the F-16 stick and the Warthog stick are actually the same.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 2