DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

***mini**update***

Hi everyone,

It's a small thing, but something many of you have asked for: we have added an option in the Options / Special Tab of the F-16C to select between the gold tint and transparent canopy. Based on talks with SMEs, around 2007 the USAF/ANG started using the transparent canopies and phasing out the gold tint. Both have the same RCS reduction properties. We hope you enjoy the option to have both!

Also on the Viper front the next update:

1- Continued work on the Dogfight switch functions
    2- Addition of the DLZ to the radar page, Dogfight HUD, and HMCS
    3- Fix incorrect IFF ID in network play
    4- Adding new interactive training missions
    5- Adjusted horizon line when on the Persian Gulf map
    6- Adding flight to refuel commands

We also hope to provide

1- Many new skins that will first focus on actual USAF/ANG Blk 50 operators
    2- Steering cue adjustments
    3- Next phase in damage modeling
    4- Better accounting for wind in the flight dynamics

Please note that these are not promises, they are simply to let you understand that these are the items that we are working on.

Thanks,
    Wags

Attached Thumbnails

Patrick

Great news!

I've been waiting for this! I can now get back to the Viper. I had left it aside waiting for Chuck to issue this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Great news!

I've been waiting for this! I can now get back to the Viper. I had left it aside waiting for Chuck to issue this guide.
    I agree,Chuck's Guides are Superb,Well Laid out and very easy to understand.

Patrick

There's so much not implemented yet. He'll have to make a HEFTY updated when the time comes.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

***Mini Update***

"
    Dear All,

I promised that we will try to deliver the AGM-65D Maverick air-to-surface missile by the end of April. However, our new developer was not able to overpower the complexity and need a little bit more time and help from the main devs who are working with Hornet features at the moment.

That being said, we will deliver the small updates such as strobe light to be brighter at night, anti-collision light to be seen on multiplayer servers, improvement to LEF and FCR Hostiles.

Sincerely,
    The Eagle Dynamics Team"

Patrick

**Mini Update**

Viper Update – 27 August 2020
    Dear DCS Pilots,
    The primary development items for the Viper remain the AGM-65 Maverick and the AGM-88C HARM in HARM As Sensor (HAS) mode. These were introduced into our internal builds today, and they will be subject to testing over the next several days. Initial tests are good, but there are several items to still resolve.
    We are shooting (not a promise) to release both weapons for the Viper in our September update. However, as always, it will highly depend on testing and how long it takes to resolve issues discovered in testing.
    We understand how eager many of you are for these two systems, and we apologize that it has taken longer than expected due to several reasons. However, we are getting there, and we thank you for your patience.
    In addition to these two new systems, we are continuing to investigate and make needed changes to the Viper targeting pod, flight model/FLCS, HMCS, and data link where needed.
    Kind regards,
    Wags
    [COLOR=var(--primary-medium)][COLOR=var(--secondary-high)]2559×1439 490 KB[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-medium)][COLOR=var(--secondary-high)]2559×1439 478 KB[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--primary-low-mid)][/COLOR]

Patrick

***Mini Update***

Dear all,

As has been mentioned earlier, we have two, dedicated engineers assigned full-time to the Viper, and other engineers participating when available. Once the Hornet leaves early access, additional resources will be brought to bear on the Viper.

Items currently being worked on for the Viper include:

• Updated flight model dynamics for G and angle of attack.
    • Addition of IAM weapons that include JDAM, JSOW, and WCMD.
    • Pre-Briefed (PB) mode for the AGM-88C HARM.
    • Air-to-Air radar improvements.

After which, important development items will include:

• Air-to-Ground radar
    • CRUS page
    • JHMCS Air-to-Ground mode
    • HARM Targeting System (HTS)
    • Electronic Countermeasures
    • And more.

In parallel, we are also addressing many bugs and needed and adjustments.

Kind regards,
    Wags

Patrick

2.7 might be very close....this just in....

Patrick

Hmmmmm, this might be the first payware addon that I'll buy for DCS!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hmmmmm, this might be the first payware addon that I'll buy for DCS!

Priller
    It was the first one I bought. I think it is a great model and I enjoy flying it. But my old brain isn't up to learning and remembering complex weapons systems like I did when younger. I decided that I prefer the simpler models system wise. I find myself flying the WWII P-47 and P-51 more and more.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 8700 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Dear Viper Pilots,

Thank you for participation in DCS: F-16C Viper Roadmap features poll. We received more than 9,500 responses. DCS: F-16C Viper development is again at an accelerated pace. We focused on bug fixing in the first half of 2021, and while we will continue bug fixing, we will now also be adding new features.

Our roadmap, which is heavily influenced by your voting, will cover from now and until the end of 2021.

The list of delivered features this year includes:

• AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
    • AGM-88C HARM POS and HAS Modes
    • GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAM
    • AGM-154A JSOW
    • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
    • VV/VAH HUD Option
    • Travel Pod

The planned poll features to be delivered by the end of 2021 for DCS: F-16C Viper includes:

• Flight model and FLCS tuning. This focuses on angle of attack and G, and we believe it will result in more accurate sustained turn performance, instantaneous turn performance, and acceleration.
    • HARM Targeting System (HTS) pod and HARM Attack Display (HAD).
    • Air-to-Air Radar improvements: DTT SAM mode, bullseye, and intercept steering cue.
    • Landing and takeoff handling tuning.
    • JHMCS support for the Radar Warning Receiver, Link 16, and Air-to-Ground mode.
    • Electronic Countermeasures: ALQ-131 / ALQ-184 ECM pods and FCR jamming indications.
    • Air-to-Ground Radar: Ground Map, Expand, DBS modes, Fixed Target Track, Ground Moving Target, Snowplow, Sea, and AGR modes.
    • Semiautomatic and Automatic Countermeasures Programs.
    • Mark Points.
    • HOTAS Steerpoint Selection.
    • Lat / Long and MGRS Coordinate Selection.
    • CBU-103 and CBU-105 WCMD.
    • Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) cursor.

Further development will continue into 2022 with the following list of planned poll features:

• Complete Lightening Targeting Pod. This mostly consists of correct offset logic and improving display clarity.
    • Sniper XR Targeting Pod.
    • Date Transfer Cartridge (DTC) and Mission Planner.
    • ICP Modes: CRUS, TIME, FIX, ACAL, DEST, and BULL DED pages. Of these, CRUS will be the highest priority.
    • RWR Handoff PRF Tones.
    • HUD Toss Anticipation Cue.
    • Desired HUD Airspeed Caret for CRUS mode.
    • GBU-24 Paveway III.
    • Remaining Bombing Modes: DTOS, MAN, and LADD. DTOS being the highest priority.
    • Mk-84AIR.
    • Wing Fuel Tank Pylon Jettison Correction.
    • ALE-50 Towed Decoy.
    • FCS BIT Animations.
    • BDU-50 Training Bomb.
    • Jet Fuel Starter (JFS) Door Animation.
    • Alternative Landing Gear Handle.
    • Cockpit View Pilot Model.
    • Animated Tail Hook.
    • Air Show Smoke Pods.
    • ACM Slew Mode.
    • Radar Velocity Search Mode.

Please note that both the 2021 and 2022 lists may not be delivered in the listed order. These are our current plans as of July 2021, and they are subject to change. There are many more items that we will be addressing, but this list is confined to poll items.

Some features require a lot of effort and time, like HTS/HAD and AG radar, while the others are not as complex and can be completed sooner. We’ll start with the most important ranked by you, that are also feasible for us, and then continue to bring you more and more DCS: F-16C Viper functionality.

It is also important to remember that all features of our Viper are in regards to a United States F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated in the 2007 time frame.

Sincerely,
    Wags and the Eagle Dynamics Team

[COLOR=rgb( var(--theme-text_light) )]
    [/COLOR]

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 2