DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    This aircraft looks awfully good. Will we see an Alpha (or is it Beta) release soon? Anything that gets it in to my hands....I'm READY (not that I don't already have too many planes on which I'm not fully checked out)! Come on, give it to me.
    If I remember correctly,Wags stated it will be "Very Soon" and actually the "Cold/Dark" start up video would be his last before The Viper goes EA "Early Access" so you know when that's released we're going to be "Very Close"

Patrick

Good news! Although, I just jumped in the F-14 today, for only the third time, and I really need to do some serious flying in that jet. Lots to do in the Hornet still too. I NEED to start using DCS more.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

***mini update***

"
    Hey everyone, a little Viper update is in order as we approach early Autumn 2019.

First, we still plan to release the Viper into early access sometime in early Autumn 2019. We don’t have a specific day because several items are in flux, and any one of them could change any announced date. While we posted 25 September on Steam (a day is required to list a product on Steam), that is only a best estimate and not in stone. Once we have a firm date, we will announce it. This is not something we are purposely withholding.

The big areas we are working on to get the Viper before we release it:

• Finalizing CCIP and CCRP bombing modes.
    • Tuning the flight model and braking system. Much of this involves drag values.
    • RWS and ACM air-to-air radar modes.
    • Air-to-air gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120.
    • CMDS.
    • HMCS.
    • Cold start procedures.
    • Tuning the NVIS cockpit lighting.
    • External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary.
    • We are also working hard on the Litening targeting pod with LGBs, but we can’t promise this will be ready in time for the early access release, but it’s something already well underway.

Thanks,
    Wags

Patrick

When it's ready, then it's done! Having helped develop models for years now and seeing how things go (especially the last minute bugs that seem to be a never ending headache), I understand well the process. It will be worth the wait. This will bring back the good ole days of Falcon 3.0 & 4.0 but much better. BTW, does anyone remember using Spectrum Holobyte Falcon 3.0 and the scrolling "Elvis Lives" sign off the end of the Nellis runways? lol! It would be so funny if someone recreated that as a Map Mod Object just for old times.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

***Viper**Update***

from Nineline........

"
    Dear Pilots,
    We are so sorry for the confusion on the Steam release date, we thought we got the word out to everyone, but the internet is a big place. The team is currently putting in extra hours to button up the remaining issues to get you all in your pre-ordered Vipers in the next Open Beta."

Patrick

Woohoo! That sounds promising. TBH I had no idea it was that close. Been too busy in the Hornet anyway
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

***Wags Update ***
    DCS: F-16C Viper Update

Things are moving at a very rapid pace, and here is where our focus is for the upcoming release:

1- We have RWS and STT working, but work continues the SAM sub-mode and we are cleaning up symbology and functions. We are working on Track While Scan (TWS) mode in parallel with the Hornet, so this will come shortly after release.

2- AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120 are up and running, but several items to still tune and add. Mostly the Dynamic Launch Zones (DLZ) and a few more minor items.

3- The Litening targeting pod is in and working, even for LGB self-designation. There are several items to still fix and add. Related, the DED laser page for the pod is now working. Please note that the LGB bomb laser code cannot be set in the aircraft.

4- ILS is in, but we still need to set up the needles. It’s close and I’ll create a video for it soon.

5- Tomorrow we should have the underside of the aircraft done with completed textures. With that, Cato will create the launch trailer.

6- The cockpit is more fleshed out with the Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) sensor post, some improved seat textures, a better effect for the LCD displays, and we removed the safety pin from the manual chute handle.

7- The Early Access Guide is shaping up well and will be available at release. Bunyap has done a great job with it.

8- Several interactive training missions will be available at release.

9- ACM radar modes are in, but we just need to update the HUD.

10- Dogfight switch is underway now and associated after and forward (MRM) functions.

12- We plan to have an initial IFF system but have not settled on the exact mechanization.

13- Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) is working in NAV mode.

14- Cockpit night lighting has been further improved with gauge lighting. We want to tune the flood lights a bit more though.

15- The centerline fuel tank will be ready this week.

16- Initial CMDS and RWR is functional. Four programs for chaff and flares and the RWR will be set up for the ALR-56M.

17- Cold start is working now, but we are adjusting some of the electrical panel sub-systems so the act correctly during cold start. Some of the instrument values are a bit off too, and we are working to adjust them.

18- Flight path marker (FPM) drift cut off was added.

Next week we will announce the release date. Once released though (soon), the 20% discount will end, and it will probably be over a year until we put the Viper in a sale.

Thanks for your support!

- Wags”

Patrick

****Update****

Hey everyone,
    To get you prepared for the release of our F-16C sometime in early autumn 2019, we are making available an early, work-in-progress draft of it’s Early Access Guide. This is being prepared by “Bunyap” and he’s doing a wonderful job (he is also creating the interactive training missions)!
    As we push to release, he will be further updating it and continue to update it during the development of our Viper. Please note that if you don’t see an item in the guide that you expect at release, it mostly likely because the item is still in work and too early to write it up for the guide.

You can find it here:
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/viper_early_access_guide_en/

We hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks,

Wags

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! Sound's like she's getting close . In the meantime, I have jumped out of the Hornet and back in to the Warthog over the past week or so, and doing some DLC campaigns I had never got around to. I am using a Rift S now, and boy does that make a difference with the MFDs.

****Release Date Announced****

"
    Dear Pilots!We are pleased to announce that DCS: F-16C Viper will be released on our e-Shop and Steam on 03 October 2019! Please note that the pre-order discount from our e-Shop will end then.
    DCS World e-Shop:
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...modules/viper/
    Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...CS_F16C_Viper/
    We have also been reaching out to Steam through multiple channels to extend the pre-order period, but we have been unsuccessful. We will keep trying.
    We are very excited to make this work of art available to you, and we thank you for your encouragement and support. We could not do this without you.

Sincerely,The Eagle Dynamics Team

Patrick

Just saw the news over on the Facebook page. Great news and looking forward to flying her and flying a Viper once again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Just saw the news over on the Facebook page. Great news and looking forward to flying her and flying a Viper once again!
    Haha!! Yea....It's been over 10 yrs since I flew Falcon 4.0.....Somehow I don't think my Viper landings will be as forgiving than what I get away with in The Hornet

Patrick

You'll have to flair a little. The Hornet gear is trailing link type, so it absorbs a lot of energy and reduces the bounce from a hard impact. Perfect for carrier landings. Viper, not so much. Plus the viper will be more narrow track than Hornet. Can't wait!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You'll have to flair a little. The Hornet gear is trailing link type, so it absorbs a lot of energy and reduces the bounce from a hard impact. Perfect for carrier landings. Viper, not so much. Plus the viper will be more narrow track than Hornet. Can't wait!
    Haha....yea...It Will be quite a change!!!

I remember being at EAA Oshkosh in 2011 and saw this poor guy land a little long...I felt really bad for him,knowing his Military Career was probably in jeopardy.
    Last edited by Phantom88; October 1st, 2019 at 13:32. Reason: added video

Patrick

I was holding off, but as a fan of the Viper the deed had to be done. After all this time on the still WIP Hornet and then my Cat, it will be fun to remember how to flare during landing again. Not sure if I should fire up F-BMS for one last go!

I've read the AL ANG accident report, not good when pilot error is involved.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

From FB…
    " It often does not get a lot of love in flight simulations, but looking aft, behind the seat is an important graphical element to get right. We recently completed modeling of the rear portion of the cockpit.

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 2