Does anyone know how I can contact Tim Conrad??

Thread: Does anyone know how I can contact Tim Conrad??

Does anyone know how I can contact Tim Conrad??

I'm in the process of putting together a package for the SOH A-26B/C Invader and would like to use some bits of Tim (Piglet) Conrad's excellent A-1 Skyraider, principally the pilot figure but maybe some ordnance. These are for a 'Farm Gate' model from the early 1960's in Vietnam. The pilot figure suits the period well and I'd very much like Tim's permission to use it. I've tried his old email but that appears dead now and I'm reluctant to go ahead without his approval. Can anyone help me get in touch please??

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Dave, for years people have asked the same question when working with one of his many models and the answer, unfortunately will always be the same. Tim is gone and no one in all these years has ever been able to get in touch with him. He has made a clean get-away as it were. so my suggestion (for what it's worth) is to give him due credit for whatever you plan and go on with the project.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sounds like a plan to me.
    Tim made it very clear he was not returning to the FS world and has remained more elusive than Lord Lucan.
    Just acknowledge his work that you have used and that should satisfy FS etiquette.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Sounds like a plan to me.
    Tim made it very clear he was not returning to the FS world and has remained more elusive than Lord Lucan.
    Just acknowledge his work that you have used and that should satisfy FS etiquette.
    Just remember....if and/or when Tim were to ever request you to remove any such content...do so without contest...
    I tried to catch up with him last year in order to release several paints [and high res kit] but to no avail...unlike previous times...so simply didn't release the stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Just remember....if and/or when Tim were to ever request you to remove any such content...do so without contest...
    I tried to catch up with him last year in order to release several paints [and high res kit] but to no avail...unlike previous times...so simply didn't release the stuff...
    Jafo, just my opinion here so take that for what it's worth. . .but if all you wanted to release were just repaints and a paint kit. . .nothing there that would require an ok from Tim. I did Hi-Res paint kits for a number of his airplanes (which can be found in the SOH downloads section) and this was while Tim was still quite active and he never had a problem with anything like that. Now on occasion I would get permission to use gauges and such from his models and even then he said use of those items was fine with him as long as credit was given in my readme file and his original readme was included.

If you want to hold yourself to that standard that's certainly your prerogative, but your liveries have always been top-notch and it's a shame to hold them back over something like that.IMHO
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Yes...it was always the difference between using a paint kit to make a paint...inherently OK obviously...and using a paint kit to re-imagine a paint kit...that only then becomes a paint....and wanting to release that kit itself.
    Tim was happy for me to do so in the past [as I had done] but after losing contact I was probably being overly 'PC'.
    After I've finished the high res kit for the Section F8 F86 .... my current headache...I'll revisit the kit I still have of Tim's plane...

Thank you everyone for your advice. The read me will clearly pay tribute to all those who contributed to the project, both in the original build and the upgrade process, including Tim of course.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 1