F-4 Phanthom Cloud9 and Alphasim

Thread: F-4 Phanthom Cloud9 and Alphasim

F-4 Phanthom Cloud9 and Alphasim

Hello everyone,

- Would it be possible to transform the F-4 cloud 9 into a native FSX model, to be able to use the VC model in the F-4 Alphasim recently converted to native FSX as well?
    -Who could do this work?
    I think it could be interresting!
    thanks in advance!

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello everyone,

- Would it be possible to transform the F-4 cloud 9 into a native FSX model, to be able to use the VC model in the F-4 Alphasim recently converted to native FSX as well?
    -Who could do this work?
    thanks in advance!

Alain
    -
    Theres been several unoffical cloud 9 fixes, with some of them posted here

Try googling for the vc fix or seaching these forums which of the later work for me 10 odd yrs ago

Sorry I cant remember the name of the posters of the fixes

Hello Jeansy

Thank you for your reply!
    Yes I know this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=cloud9

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Phantom-in-FSX

But the cloud9 F-4 remains in FS9 format !!!
    I would like it to be native FSX so as to be able to use the interior model (vc so) in native versions of Alphasim published recently!

Alain
    -

Hello Jeansy

Thank you for your reply!
    Yes I know this thread:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=cloud9

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Phantom-in-FSX

But the cloud9 F-4 remains in FS9 format !!!
    I would like it to be native FSX so as to be able to use the interior model (vc so) in native versions of Alphasim published recently!

Alain
    -
    its quite possible, you need to open in mcx and delete all the interior and then merge the AS VC

however you will have model and textures inconsistencies between the VC model and external model, to be honest not worth the time since they fix the fs9 model to have it working in FSX

Hello everyone,

-Who could do this work?
    thanks in advance!

Alain
    -

I have your answer right here, ... but getting an answer to the 'one anomaly' which exists in the model is like finding a needle in a haystack :

Alpha Simulation D model Phantom rebuilt for FSX and P3D

Just recently downloaded this beauty, but found one anomaly - tail rudder animation moves in opposite direction of airplane travel (ie. moves opposite to how it should).

My question : Is there any way to correct this, or is this something that's 'baked in' to the Alphasim model and can't be reworked ?

I really love the texture detail on this model, and not sure if a workaround exists.

There are many, many threads here for F-4 Phantoms - Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3, VC reworked textures, VC photoreal textures etc.. - very confusing to find which is latest, perhaps best version for FSX ?

Here is the link to the thread : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip I am referring to.

I PM'd several people for help, re this .......... no answers, just crickets, so far, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

To be honest: the cloud 9 Phantom is the most beautiful rendition of the Phantom ever. With regard to modeling, it surpasses even the Milviz Phantom.

If someone would be able to convert this beauty to native FSX format, that would be magnificent. If only because it could be made to work in P3Dv4.

This is of course just MHO.

Priller

Good evening everyone,

-I totally agree with Priller!
    -Yes, this phanthom cloud9 is very very beautiful!
    And it would be really good if it is converted to Native FSX format !!!

Alain

-

This is still a commercial product (see here), so converters wouldn't be allowed to go near it.

Alphasim, likewise.

Dave

Being commercial doesn't necessarily prevent anyone from publishing modificationsc as long as the author (C9/FSDT) is asked for permission and any support issues are taken to the modder.
    I don't see any harm in running the MDL files through MCX and distributing them since you'll still need the rest of the package to use them.

And IIRC, the SSW F-104 started out as nothing more than a modded C9 F-104. So there might be a chance to get a green light.

P.S: Last I know, the Alphasim Phantoms are all freeware.

.S: Last I know, the Alphasim Phantoms are all freeware.
    And converted to native FSX a while ago + discussed here.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    And converted to native FSX a while ago + discussed here.
    Does anyone know of a solution to the Alphasim model D anomaly discussed above, where the tail rudder animation moves in opposite direction of airplane travel (ie. moves opposite to how it should) ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Does anyone know of a solution to the Alphasim model D anomaly discussed above, where the tail rudder animation moves in opposite direction of airplane travel (ie. moves opposite to how it should) ?
    Yes, move on to something else. Not fixable, unless you were the developer. It's in the model's animations. Wasn't that David Robles's download? Have you PM'd him about it?

I have this one and it works fine! https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...i-extra-model/
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Should be easily fixable with the latest version of MCX. There an option to reverse animations in the hierarchy editor.

Members who have read this thread: 0