VR plunge

Thread: VR plunge

VR plunge

well im nervous sayin this,but ive taken the plunge and bought an oculus rift and a third sensor.ive been interrested in it since they first started talkin about the VR thing way back,i can finally afford one and got the amazon price.ive been watching tons of youtube videos on it and i think ill be fine,a bit disappointed to read that carenado planes still struggle with it somehow.should be here saturday,to hell with nascar this weekend,ill be messing with the new setup!!..lol.

please dont rage on me to much about what a mistake im makin,(looks at Bjorn ,,jokin man)it will most likely be a long learning curve for me,i used to be "sharp as a tack" as they would say about me,but im more like a dumb stump now.i think it was two fold,the 15 hour surgery (dad always corrects me saying it was 19 hours)they told me before hand i would basically be dead and just on life support during the procedure,and they had 4 probes drilled into my brain to stimulate it,the man that did that part told me id deffinantly have short term memory loss,and he was right.but i was on 10-325 norco for close to 18 years,and it messed with my thought process too.

and see?..why'd i type all that and why in hell am i going to post it anyway??..weird i tell ya weird

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    No problem. Looks like you went though hell. Just keep on chugglin' away.

Welcome to the future!

Congratulations on your VR purchase. I wish you happiness and success.

I also am a devoted VR Oculus user now. In fact, I recently purchased a pair of VR gloves specifically to use in X-Plane.

I love my VR - -and I also use a three-sensor setup mounted high in the corners of my gaming room 10x20 -- though for flight simming, it's not really necessary.

Anyway. congrats.

KevinB

Welcome to the club Dave.
    Once you've flown VR you wont want to go back

What problems have you heard about with Carenado planes ?
    Cant say I've had any problem with mine except maybe G1000 equipped ones pushing the frame rates a bit but thats true of any G1000 plane Carenado or not.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Welcome to the club Dave.
    Once you've flown VR you wont want to go back

What problems have you heard about with Carenado planes ?
    Cant say I've had any problem with mine except maybe G1000 equipped ones pushing the frame rates a bit but thats true of any G1000 plane Carenado or not.
    i went back and looked at the date for that video that talked about planes,mainly the Caranado planes working,it was a 2 year old video..so maybe they do work,he kept saying to move sliders back until you have a good 45fps.im at 55 right now with everything still looking good.meaning i have building,cars,even the 3D people one,in my aero comander i could hear a baby makin noise,thought it was the,paused things,no more baby,unpause..bingo..baby sounds..lol..

Members who have read this thread: 0