Old dog needs new tricks!

Thread: Old dog needs new tricks!

SOH-CM-2018

Old dog needs new tricks!

Hi all,

I need some help with Flaming Cliffs 3.

I have simmed with MS sims since the mid nineties. I have just started with DCS world FC3 in particular.

I have a Track IR 3 running version 4 software because I use the reflective squares. I do not have the vector expansion and my info tells me it is now longer available.

Can I use TrackIR 3 in FC3 because I can't get it to work. what would I need to do to get it work because all the in game View and cockpit view assignments have me confused.

If I have to upgrade my TrackIR to TrackIR 5 can I still use the reflective squares or must I use the hat clip.

Further my TrackIR 3 works very well in FSX and FS9.

Thanks,

Joe

Hello Joe,As I haven't used TRK IR since I got into VR I can't help with your question,The "Input/Output" forum in DCS would be a good place to start.Have a L@@k.
    https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Patrick

You don't need anything to get TIR to work in DCS world. IT's native. Plug it in and go. I would suggest you reset anything you changed back to default.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Hello Joe,As I haven't used TRK IR since I got into VR I can't help with your question,The "Input/Output" forum in DCS would be a good place to start.Have a L@@k.
    https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96
    I will do that. Thanks Phantom.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You don't need anything to get TIR to work in DCS world. IT's native. Plug it in and go. I would suggest you reset anything you changed back to default.
    Thanks for the reply. My experience is it is not "plug and play". In case you missed it my Track IR is a TrackIR 3. I have had it for so long that I can't remember how long I have had it.

But I must confess that the control assignments page is daunting. No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't any assignment to turn on TrackIR.

But thanks for the reply.

hmm....No, I saw the TIR 3 bit. I use TIR 4. But I must admit I do not have FC3. I use DCS World Open beta with Hornet and a few other modules. I do have the FC3 F-15C and it works. When TIR is detected, you will get a boxed white Text field at the top of the screen which says TrackIR is detected. I know this is silly question, but have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in while DCS is running? My TIR actually stops working in DCS whenever my system goes to sleep. while it works in the TIR screen, DCS will not detect it. I have to KILL the TIR process, then unplug and replug my USB, then launch the TIR app again, then go back into DCS and unplug/replug my USB for it to work again. Kind of a dance, not sure why it is, but it works for me that way....everytime.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    .... I know this is silly question, but have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in while DCS is running? My TIR actually stops working in DCS whenever my system goes to sleep. while it works in the TIR screen, DCS will not detect it. I have to KILL the TIR process, then unplug and replug my USB, then launch the TIR app again, then go back into DCS and unplug/replug my USB for it to work again. Kind of a dance, not sure why it is, but it works for me that way....everytime.
    No, not really a silly question. that is why 2 heads are better than one. I will try the unplugging-replugging dance. IIRC I have all my USB devices that show up in printers and devices set not to suspend to save power. I have Win 10 and somewhere on this forum I found that little bit of advice.

Thanks,
    Joe

Members who have read this thread: 0